Going crazy!! Reversal, Pof high fsh and high prolactin

Cecilb1
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:13 pm 
Post subject: Going crazy!! Reversal, Pof high fsh and high prolactin
Hi all I don't often post on here, I'm more a reader..lol. Well my story is, im 36 i have 3 children 18, 15 and 11, and got sterilized far to young age 25. (Wish I was given more advise before) had my reversal done in jan '12 was told to wait 3 months before ttc. Then I had an abnormal smear, and waited another month. Since then we have been ttc. Since ttc I've noticed that I'm spotting before my period, my bbs hurt after ov' and I get bad pmt (poor people in my house)😁😞 I went to the drs to get them to check my bloods, they came back with high prolactin and high fsh level 38😱😰😱😰(pof or menopause!! Joys of being a woman eh!)

I m taking all the herbal stuff under the sun. Accupuncture, homeopathy the lot.. infact if i take anymore im going to start flowering!😉 This cycle I was late, had all the symptoms of pregnancy, drove myself crazy thinking was this our miracle.. But sadly no as af came. I'm now going to see an endocrinologist after my high prolactin. I can't bear anymore bad news any advice in coping on the infertility roller coaster?? Sad Sad
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:15 am 
Post subject:
Sorry can't really help on advice with coping with things as I struggled myself at times over the last 2 yrs Rolling Eyes Laughing although i think being proactive helps so at least you feel like you're doing something about it Question and it sounds like you're doing that already Question , i've also had a reversal although in my case my bloods were fine and it was adhesions and a blocked tube that caused the problems Rolling Eyes
I know most docs will tell you FSH levels can't be improved but after looking into IVF last year i discovered a lot of studies on something called DHEA (its full name is unpronouncable Laughing )in relation to IVF where its use was discovered to lower FSH, improve egg quality and quantity and lower m/c rates and reduce numbers of chromosomally abnormal embryo's , could be worth a try Question
The great thing about the IVF studies is that they can easily see an improvement in egg quality whereas most of us have no idea of our own egg quality Laughing .
I started taking it a couple of months ago and am hoping it will improve my egg quality ready for after my tubal unblocking (hopefully) next month Smile
For prolactin, dong quai(angelica sinensis) is supposed to be good at reducing it Smile I know I had high prolactin at one point as i would sometimes produce small amounts of milk after ov Embarassed Laughing (it had happened before years ago and i was told it was high prolactin then but never offered treatment)and also had horrendous PMT and very sore boobs from ov to AF (bad PMT can be linked to high prolactin) and when i was looking for natural remedies I found dong quai, agnus castus and EPO are all supposed to help, i tried the Agnus castus first but it didn't help me much and gave me side effects(some women find it great though Question ) the EPO helped with ewcm but nothing else and then i started taking the dong quai maybe 6 months ago and it was like a miracle worker for me Very Happy I ov'd earlier (cd13 compared to cd16/17) I stopped getting moody with ov,didn't get sore boobs the same and my Oh actually didn't know when AF was due for the first time in ages Shocked Laughing
i know that was all down to the dong quai as i haven't taken it this month with my op coming up and ov'd later and got the usual mood swinges etc Rolling Eyes Laughing
It also helps with period problems eases cramping and clotting and helps with your lining Smile it helps your body naturally improve your oestrogen levels so its like a milder form of something like clomid or soy, but without the side effects you can get from those Smile
You can also take it with the DHEA to lower FSH and improve egg quality and promote ovulation Smile
Other good things to lower prolactin are magnesium , B6 and zinc (together your body uses them naturally to keep prolactin levels stable)and B6 also helps with spotting before AF and zinc helps with PMT .
Its hard to get a lot of zinc in your diet unless you eat a lot of shellfish as we no longer get that or selenium from the soil anymore and zinc and selenium are essential for healthy eggs and sperm Smile
Sorry went on a bit there Embarassed Laughing But I've had quite a while now to play around with different things (25 months Rolling Eyes Laughing ) and since taking a good multivit alongside supplements of dong quai and things like Vit D3 ,B6, and the magnesium ,zinc and selenium, i've noticed a big improvement in my overall health (I never get colds anymore and am very rarely sick ) and my cycle has regulated , the milk production has stopped and i just feel better in myself Smile
Just discovered the other day that hormonal changes after a reversal are very common as well as often the ovaries blood supply is reduced whilst you're sterilised (as its linked to the tubes blood supply) so often your ovaries suddenly wake up and can go a bit crazy Rolling Eyes quite a few of us had cycle disruptions and suddenly noticed all sorts of signs and symptoms we never had before the Op Question
hope you find something that helps Very Happy
if you do take the Agnus then don't mix it with the Dong Quai or DHEA as they couteract each other but the dong quai and DHEA are fine together as they do similar things Smile and EPO is fine with any of them , good luck xx
Cecilb1
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you very much for posting and for the info.. My partner said that my body will take time to readjust, but I'm not a patient person Confused But I don't really have much choice in this situation. I will try the dong quai, dhea and zinc.. If nothing else I'm gonna be one healthy woman! Laughing it's interesting to know the effects of the reversal on your body as there isn't a lot of info about it. Either way I'm glad I had it done as my Af and af pains and pmt Evil or Very Mad have lessened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular