How often does your 4 week old feed?

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:03 pm 
Post subject: How often does your 4 week old feed?
Hi, I am breastfeeding my nearly 4 week old baby. I just wondered out of curiosity how often your little one feeds (breast or bottle) and how long they go at night? My son feeds every 2-3 hours during the day and about every 3-4 at night. He only seems to dirty his nappy every 3-4 days, but apparently this is normal (the HV assured me they are all different!). Lots of wet nappies though. I didnt manage to exclusively breastfeed my eldest son for this long (he was on mostly formula and some expressed milk by this age) so I can't remember whats normal!

Thanks,

Gemma.

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds very normal to me, exactly like George at that age. He used to feed for around 10 mins - 1/2 hours every 2 - 3 hours in the day and 3 - 4 at night.
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds about right to what I remember with Isabelle and George, too. Luckily I've had quick feeders, never more than 10-15mins when newborn and 5ish mins when older.

Keep up the good work Very Happy
xx

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:23 pm 
Post subject:
Jamie ate every two hours day or night and more if he was going through a growth spurt (which seemed to be pretty much constant!). They're all different though so your lo will have found the best routine for him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular