Adoption information evening.

Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 pm 
Post subject: Adoption information evening.
Myself and my husband have been invited to our first adoption information evening and i was just wondering what to expect?
louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Pumkintoots

At our information meeting, there were about 16 couples (and one single lady). We did short intros and then the day consisted of talks from SW on the adoption process and other issues surrounding looked after children (attachment issues, sexual abuse, domestic violence, drugs alcohol etc) They tend to stress the worse side of everything, so be warned!! There were also group excercises. We found it a very useful informative experience which really does help in your decision weather adoption is for you.

I have a journal above, which will give you an insight to the adoption process from start to finish if that helps.

Good luck! XXXXX

My Adoption Journal...
http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=115215
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:23 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Lou. I have read your journal and it was one of the tools that helped in my initial decision to contact my LA for an info pack Smile I am worried I will get upset about some of the stuff they talk about. We did safeguarding in work (I am a nursery nurse) and I cried when the sexual abuse case was read out!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular