Frequent urgent weeing

LisaGandAmelia
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:39 pm 
Post subject: Frequent urgent weeing
My daughter, Amelia, is 3.5 years old and of the last week seems to needing to go for a wee up to once every 10 mins.

I took her to the GP last Friday after 3 days of this behaviour and it getting no better. They tested a sample and said the dip test for sugars came back clear (not diabetic)and the dip test for infection came back clear. They sent a sample to the hospital for testing and apparently it only showed a very slight result for red blood cells.

Well, after a week of no improvement I took her back today and the GP (who used to be a urologist) saw her and said all tests came back fine, but whilst she was there she had to go 2 times! He got a second opinion and they agreed we could try her with anti-biotics and I could take another sample to the hospital tomorrow (only start the anti-biotics after I'd taken the sample) but he seemed to think it's a sign of stress and wants to see her again in a week.

I am devastated he thinks this as I am a single mum and I try my absolute hardest to ensure that she has a very happy healthy life. She is, in my and all of my friends and families opinions, a very happy, well behaved, mature little girl. Nursery agree too. I really don't think it's all in her head as she seems to be fine for hours and then go for a wee but then it makes her go every few mins after she's had the 1 wee. There is always wee there. But I am doubting myself because of this doctor. This issue came from nowhere one day and nothing at all has changed in Amelia's world.

The only thing I know is that her Dad seems to have the bladder of a gnat and seems to wee every hour. I'm wondering if something effects him that is now affecting her. I've looked up bladder spasms and urinary urgency which seem to fit but the urologist GP said it wouldn't be either.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestion? I am keeping a diary of what she eats and drinks and how often she goes to the toilet. Oh and she was potty trained and dry through the night a year and a half ago with no issue at all (did it all herself) so I wouldn't think it was down to that.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:48 pm 
Post subject:
This might be completely unrelated but once when I was about 18 and stuck in trafgic I held on to a really full bladder for aaages and,as daft as it sounds, I think I pulled a muscle or something cos for weeks after I was desperate to go ALL the time and it was agony. No infection or anything, no pain when weeing,just absolutely bursting all the time.
Eventually it rectified itself though.

Sorry that's probably really unhelpful xx
LisaGandAmelia
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply Emma!

Well mummy instinct proved correct yet again. She started the antibiotics on Saturday morning and by the end of the day there was a huge improvement! She was completely back to normal by Monday morning! I am so relieved for her, as it was starting to make her tired getting up so early for the loo and not being able to go back to sleep as she kept needing to go.

If anyone takes anything away from this I would say it would be to trust your instinct. You know your child, don't be fobbed off or made to feel inadequate. I was close to making a formal complaint as I was offered no support, fobbed off and then made to feel as though it was all my fault. Someone a little less strong minded then me would have gone away and ended up with a very unhappy child and mummy, and a child with an untreated infection! x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular