Hello :)

Sticky05
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:06 pm 
Post subject: Hello :)
I dont know if anyone remebers me or not but I wanted to come on and post bc I know i used to get wonderful advice and encouragement from you ladies and vice versa. I actually have not been on the forum at all since I think last year or the beginning of this year Sad Sad I know but my mom got real sick and we didnt know why. I kept telling her to go to ER and ask them to scan her bc something wasnt right. Well she just went to regular doctor who said it was nothing and they werent going to send her for a scan. Then she did go to ER finally and they told her they were not going to scan her either bc nothing was wrong. She went back the next day and they finally scanned her and we found out she has stage 4 liver cancer! It was in her colon and metastisized to her liver. She had surgery in April to remove the tumor in her colon and started getting chemo for the nets in her liver. It took a major toll on my family. We were not expecting that at all and on top of that I have been the everything in the family! I'm the youngest of her children and have been care taker/mom/daughter/wife/everything else that was needed. I didnt have time for anything at all. Well she goes in the hospital Monday for her last stent of chemo and they will retest her. If its gone she goes another 12 rounds of chemo. If its still there she still goes another 12 rounds of chemo and will get retested. I'm just tired emotionally, physically, and every kind of tired a person can be. I'm sorry for rambling but I havent had many people if any to talk to and I miss yall so much. I dont even know who's gotten pg or had a baby yet or anything. I have alot of reading to do but I just really wanted to say hi. I guess I can post this in the different fprum topics of where I used to post as well. Thanks for listening.
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
Wow Sticky...that must've been one hell of a time indeed!
It's good to let it all out somewhere. Smile
FX all is well with your mum now!
Best of luck with everything!
Sticky05
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
Pen81 wrote:
Wow Sticky...that must've been one hell of a time indeed!
It's good to let it all out somewhere. Smile
FX all is well with your mum now!
Best of luck with everything!

Thank you for the kind words. My FX are crossed also ma'am!
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
As pen said really. Hope all is well. xxx
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:02 am 
Post subject:
So sorry to hear all you and your family has been through, I'm having a stint as full time carer for my 90 yr old Grandma at the mo so have a tiny glimpse into what you must have been going through. Especially having a LO as well it must be so exhausting physically and emotionally. Hope all goes well and your Mum is on the road to recovery soon xxx
ChrissieRussell
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this hunni. I wish strength to you and your family and preying for your mum. All the best. xx

*Our beautiful twins are safe in heaven*
Sticky05
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies so much!
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:17 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear what you've been through, thinking of you. Really hope she gets the right result and things start to improve for you.

xxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
sorry to hear about your mum, tough times for you all especially your mum. Hope she is ok and beats the big C. x
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:01 am 
Post subject:
Hi Erin, it's really good to see you posting Very Happy So sorry to hear about your Mum, what an awful time for you all. I really hope all goes well with the retesting hun xx

Sticky05
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:21 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies for your support. My mom did go for her scan and her lesions have gotten bugger. We are just trying to take it one day at a time now since we really dont know how things will pan out. Her doctor did change her chemo med so hopefully it will work this time around.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular