Support Needed from someone :)

lucylou30
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 am 
Post subject: Support Needed from someone :)
Hi everyone - I am new to this site and wondered whether I could get some advice? Me and my boyfriend split up a couple of months ago after I miscarried (very early on though) and I told him I never wanted children ever again (I have a 4 year old boy from a previous relationship). I think this was a gut instinct and after a few months of lots of thinking I have realised that I am wanting to try for a second baby. However, I am not sure whether this is too little too late. I love my ex boyfriend and he loves me, but having a child of his own is really important to him, and I am not sure if he feels like I would actually go through a pregnancy with him, seeing as I came across so adamant that that would never happen. I am genuinely coming round the the idea, but am just really scared, as I suffered from really bad postnatal depression with my first baby. I am scared that that will happen again! Sad Does anyone know any advice lines or anything where I could maybe get some support. I REALLY want to get round this so that I can finally take the plunge and have another child with the man I love dearly. Anyway, I am sorry for ranting! Any advice????? x
RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:43 am 
Post subject:
Ah hun, Im sorry for your loss. I know how emotionally draining it is as I had two before having my Son and at times I wondered if it was actually worth trying for a baby.

Perhaps you should sit down with your ex and discuss how you feel. He needs to know how you feel about the matter and perhaps you could go to the doctor together and see what help they might be able to offer you. I am sure they will be able to point you in the right direction.

As for the PND, there is no guarantee that you will get it again but you can talk your fears through with your midwife or come on here. We are always here to listen to you and offer words of advice. xx

lucylou30
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:07 pm 
Post subject: Thanks
Yeh well he is coming over this Friday to see me and talk about things, but he has told me not to get my hopes up that we can sort things out. We do still love each other so much, but it put so much strain on our relationship. I will wait until Friday and see what he says. Its more my issues that are the problem really, as he knows that he wants children and is a massive factor in his future plans. I just hope I am able to give him that future. :/ x Thanks so much for your response! Smile x
RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:59 pm 
Post subject:
Thats ok hun. Let us know how you get on with him tonight. MAybe after he has heard what you have to say and with his reassurance, you may be able to sort things. Really hope everything works out for you though xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular