June Mummies 2013

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:01 am 
Post subject:
Morning!I'm ok - did another CB digital this morning and it said pregnant 3+ weeks, so I feel reassured at the moment. I don't think I'll stop fretting until we have our 12 week scan. We thought about asking for an early scan but when I miscarried last time, it wouldn't have made any difference if I'd had an early scan as baby died at 10 weeks so I think it would have actually been harder so we've decided just to wait.

MingoMayo, I'm so pleased your blood test came back ok - it's such a worrying time! Hope your booking in appointment goes well - I'm going to book mine today!

I've not been too bad - bit tired, bit of a swirly stomach and I can't even look at milk or chocolate (which is exactly the same when I had Isobel). I have a weird thing in that my hairdresser who has been doing my hair for years, can tell when I'm pregnant because my hair changes. She told me to do a pregnancy test when I was expecting Isobel at 3 weeks 4 days, I did and it was positive. When I was pregnant but MC last year she said my hair didn't change but when I went on Saturday, she took my hair out of my pony tail and instantly said 'have you got something to tell me?!!!' It's so bizarre. My hair is very very thick and very hard to manage but when I was pregnant, it became tamer. She said as soon as she touched it, she could feel a difference!

Ben and I are going to see the new Bond film today - I'm not that fussed but Ben loves them so... We're also going Christmas shopping to get the last few bits and pieces so I get my fun too!!!

Hope you're all feeling well - Avasmummy, I saw your post in General Chat, I hope you're all feeling better and can get some reassurance!
xxx
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
Great news abbie.. I hope this baby sticks and stays for you and may that's really high! I had my bloods done today. They sisnt tell me what they were just said they were good and have booked me in for an early reassurance scan on Monday. They checked my cervix too and it's nice and closed apparently.

Still got no symptoms. I'm definitely having a boy. Watch this space lol got no boys names though but hundreds of girly ones haha

Ahh may at least your booking in appt is tomorrow.. I've got 3 weeks for mine lol I think one I've had that it will feel more break for me too and I will be closer to seeing my kicking baby on the screen. I want to meet them. I'm so impatient lol xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
Great news abbie.. I hope this baby sticks and stays for you and may that's really high! I had my bloods done today. They sisnt tell me what they were just said they were good and have booked me in for an early reassurance scan on Monday. They checked my cervix too and it's nice and closed apparently.

Still got no symptoms. I'm definitely having a boy. Watch this space lol got no boys names though but hundreds of girly ones haha

Ahh may at least your booking in appt is tomorrow.. I've got 3 weeks for mine lol I think one I've had that it will feel more break for me too and I will be closer to seeing my kicking baby on the screen. I want to meet them. I'm so impatient lol xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
That is wonderful news Abbie - really glad to hear it! Hope your little bean sticks and stays happy *hugs* Did you book your booking in? When is it for? Smile

That is so cool about your hairdresser - but a little 6th sense-y too! How odd! Very clever though! Smile I sometimes think I have a sixth sense about people being pregnant around me, but it's not based on anything concrete like your hairdresser's ability! I guessed my Aunt was - but that was a fluke, and my Mum guessed too so we think that she must have been giving off subtle signs that she was - it was christmas and perhaps we both noticed she wasn't drinking or whatever. Then my friend I guessed - but then friends often can. My sister was the only wierd one - I dreamt that she was - and the next day she came to see us out of the blue and said she was! Smile

By the way - I can't believe that you said 'christmas shoping - last few bits' - HOW ORGANISED?! LOL! I've barely started - I have some bits but I got them in February on a whim... I haven't come anywhere close to actually doing the christmas shopping or anything yet! Very Happy Hope the Bond film was good! I know one of the guys in it (an extra) so can't wait to see it - but I'll be watching it the whole time for him! Bet I'll completely miss the story! Very Happy

I was the same as you with Samuel - chocolate was the most horrid thing, I would have to leave the room if I could so much as see it! This time I am fine though! Smile

Glad your bloods were good too Avasmummy - saw your post in Gen Preg, would definitely recommend going to A&E if you feel that bad again before monday - but hopefully you won't. Glad you get the reassurance scan too - be lovely to see bubba so early! Smile It's so funy how you have no symptoms are convinced it'll be a boy - and I'm the opposite because I had every symptom going with my son! Very Happy LOL!

I had my booking in today - the mw is quite old fashioned and at first I thought we weren't going to get on as she looked at Samuel asleep in his buggy and asked how old he was, and when I said '7 months today' she was like 'oh! so this was an accident?' and I said no, and she said 'really?!' like she didn't even believe me. I think by the end she did though, tough whatever she believes - I'm happy about my pregnancy anyway. Did all the pee and blood tests so now just have to wait for a scan date... hope it's not too long away! Very Happy

xxx

AngelDelight
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hello glad to hear all seems to be going well with you guys. Abbie good news on re testing but like you say you can't relax till confirmation of scan. May how did you go about blood tests and getting the result you needed? I had my bloods taken at booking in appt but I know it sounds mad I feel like I may not be pregnant I'm still not convinced! So wondered if they would have shown anything if I wasn't?

I have my scan date through.... Sat 24 nov at 9 am!! I'm excited but scared and Abbie thinking about what happened to you.. I should be positive but trying not to be too complacement.. Will be counting down the wends now.

Got a couple of evenings out where I will be expected to drink so need help with excuses ESP as some are my closest mummy friends and don't want them to guess! X

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:10 am 
Post subject:
Well ladies.. I spoke too soon. I now have full blown morning sickness. Wasn't sure if it was the tummy bug trailing off but I remember this feeling very well!!! Still think boy as statistics sway that way as I already have a girl... we shall just have to wait and see!! Lol

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:40 am 
Post subject:
Hi all, sorry not been posting much in this bit, keep forgetting it's here. Sorry to hear the morning sickness has got you Avasmummy. And pleased your booking in appointment went well May.

Well I've still not really got anything and starting to think I've made the whole thing up. Only feel slightly sickly when I'm really hungry, and am tired all the time, but other than that no symptoms at all.
And I've still not heard anything from a midwife. I really wanted my scan 2 weeks tomorrow so I could tell my mum on her birthday but that's looking less and less likely. I'm going to phone the surgery in the morning and find out what's going on.
Got friends coming for the weekend tomorrow and wanted to tell them. More because I see them very very infrequently so would be nice to tell them to their face rather than an email/text. Plus they'll know I'm not drinking. I'm worried about telling them though incase it's not real. If it wasn't for the lack of AF and two bfp's I wouldn't feel pregnant at all Embarassed
I've never been a sickly person so maybe my body is just extra strong at fighting these things, it is a bit worrying though.

xxx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
My levels came back high Angeldelight - 145000, so that was reassuring Smile

Glad you got a scan date - time to start counting down days! I got very excited about a letter for me today from NHS thinking it would be my scan date but no - was invitation for a smear test! LOL! Ah well - hopefully get a date soon so I can start counting down too! Smile

I'm like you Heath - feeling a little queasy but not often - more tired than anything - but at my booking in the MW said that my blood pressure was very low - lower than last time with my son, and that then caused tiredness and dizziness so I'm a bit surprised that I'm not more dizzy but I understand why I feel so knackered! Plus my baby boy isn't too well at the moment - chesty cold, but it keeps him (and us) up and he's now got an inhaler and steroid tablets to take so hopefully it will pass soon.

Sorry you got sickness though Avasmummy - I replied in your post on Gen pregnancy about it - hope you find something to help soon!

Did you get hold of your MW Heath? I would have expected you to have heard from them now? I know with my son though I only got 10 days notice of my scan date - so it could still be within the two weeks! Smile Hope so!

Keep well everyone! Smile xxx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:47 am 
Post subject:
Been trying to phone the GP this morning but been engaged so far. Thinking of a private scan now. Know the money is worth the reassurance, but think I'll be so scared going for it.

xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
Heath, try not to worry you may just be one of those lucky women who don't get symptoms. Mine are in full force atm and I'm hating it. Lemonade seems to help the sickness a little though. I'm sure your scan will be amazing! I totally understand your worries though as I was worrying with all my lack of symptoms and spotting but now the sickness has kicked in I'm a little more relaxed.. probably silly going for that scan on Monday now.
But I suppose it's more a case of having the pics for your mum too.. the great thing aboutbprivate is you will get a video if you request it too. That's why I'm going private for the 12 week scan. Hope you get your scan soon anyways and hoping all is happy and healthy in there.

May, I usually have a low bp when not pregnant I was always fainting when I was pregnant with Ava.. it seems to be normal atm Dr said so hopefully it won't drop this time lol because I always wondered can a woman drive if she is prone to fainting? With Ava I hadn't learnt to drive yet but nowni have a car it's something that scares me!

Time is still going super slow for me.. feel so bad for Ava as my sickness is stopping me from doing the usual stuff I do with her and she's too young to understand. I hate myself for feeling sick as I can't look after her as well as I could.. my house is such a mess but any slight movement makes me feel like I'm going to throw up and I have a phobia of being sick! Can't see how I'll cope for another 6-8 weeks.. we'll as long as it goes away by then. Sod being omega if the unlucky ones that get it through the whole pregnancy Shocked xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
Awww - I hope not Avasmummy - I did with my son - just like you describe, if I moved, I was ill. That was for the first 18 weeks, then I was just nauseous for the weeks 18-28 then had no sickness again until 34 weeks (a 6 week break!) and then was ill again until he was born at 38 weeks. It was horrible!

Which is why I'm so amazed I've been so well this time! Very Happy

Hopefully you'll feel better in a few weeks when the hormones peak then drop again. As for driving - I think if you are prone to fainting then yes - you are best to avoid driving... I used to have to not drive when I was on AF as I would faint without warning and did so at a main roundabout in the city once. It scared me enough that I never drive when on AF now, even if I'm not feeling dizzy or ill. With my pregnancy though I didn't feel too bad with my son, and this time I wouldn't know I had low BP except she told me I did! I only felt a little giddy at the very very beginning - like - just in the first week really. Other than that been fine with it! *phew*

Hope you get your private scan booked Heath - I would go for one but I'm holding out hope that the NHS gets in contact soon! Smile If the pictures are blurry like my son's ones were though I might go for a private one as well! Smile

We told my In-Laws today - over a meal. They seem happy Smile There is the same gap between ours as between DH's brother and sister, so MIL was full of 'perfect age gap!' Smile x

Missyplus4
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hello everyone,
Sorry haven't been on for a while.
Update from me is that I had my booking in appointment on Thursday, they took bloods and I got the bounty pack.
I haven't got a scan date yet, and my morning sickness is a lot better.

Heath I hope you get a scan booked soon. Seeing the baby will make you feel loads better although I can tell you that every pregnancy is different, so you may get symptoms or it can be a pregnancy where there are no symptoms.

Mingo how is your baby boy feeling now? My son was ill too, with high temp and sickness, thankfully the girls didn't get ill and he's much better now.
I'm glad your levels came back high and everything's ok.
I still haven't told anyone and think I'm going to keep it that way for as long as I can

Avasmummy how are you now? Sorry to hear about your morning sickness, i have full sympathy with you, but hopefully it will get better soon.

Well my youngest daughter turned 1 last week and my eldest daughter is turning 2 on bonfire night! I decided to do a joint celebration for both of them on bonfire night.

Ok so a quick question for all of you, does anyone feel like they have felt movement? I know it's early days but there are times that I have felt movement, maybe because it's my fourth pregnancy or maybe I'm just being silly Rolling Eyes

Well hope everyone's ok Smile

Missyplus4
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:58 pm 
Post subject:
Is anyone thinking about having a sexing scan? A place called Meet Your Baby does them after 16 weeks and I was thinking about having one. It would be great to find out if it's a boy or girl plus I can shop for baby at the sales Smile

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:47 am 
Post subject:
I haven't told anyone yet.. we'll apart from my aunty and she didkt even say congratulations which I think is a tad rude but each to their own lol
And I was thinking the same thing.. like when I will feel baby kick this time as believe it or not I felt Ava start to move at 12 weeks and she's my first. But I doubt I'll be able to feel this one earlier although I hope I do. As for sexing me and oh aren't finding out but although it will be a nice surprise I am getting gutted at the fact everything with be neutral and morning if it's a boy Sad xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies!
Thank you Missy - Samuel is much better now - still a bit coughy-snotty but much better than he was. Sorry to hear your baby boy was poorly too! Sad Glad he is better.

I haven't felt anything yet I don't think... 12 weeks Avasmummy? Wow - that is early! I thought I was quite early feeling Samuel at 16 weeks! I am really looking forward to it though! Smile

As for sex, I think we will find out but will just do so at the 20 weeks scan, not a specific gender scan. I don't know if we will tell anyone though. As I am going to be having a c-sect this time (more than likely - unless baby comes early and quick!) then the birthdate etc won't be a surprise for everyone (though we probably won't tell people the date, but some people we will have to like my parents as they'll be looking after Samuel for the day) so perhaps we'll keep the sex secret from everyone. But we want to know so we know whether to get some secret pink bits or whether we can just buy a couple of extra blue bits and keep Samuel's old stuff for Pudding. Not sure yet - we'll talk about it - we have a few weeks to decide yet! Smile

We told my parents today - they were very happy Smile Now we're not telling anyone until at least the 12 week scan though a little part of me still wants to see how long I could keep it secret from our friends for. That said - I noticed today in a tighter top that I am already getting a tiny bumpage. I am very small all over and so when I was pregnant with Samuel, although I didn't show anything until 21 weeks, once the bumpage appeared it was like a neon sign - a perfect bowling ball! This time looks like it will be the same but earlier -so I will have to be a little careful about what I wear if I am keeping a secret until the 12 week scan - or later! Otherwise people will guess earlier than that! Very Happy I know second babies are meant to show earlier but I didn't realise it would be before 10 weeks!

Does anyone else think they have a bump already? x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to:  

Community

Popular