June Mummies 2013

Missyplus4
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
I hated my family's reaction every time I have told them i am pregnant, they are not very supportive.
I kept third pregnancy quiet till mum figured it out at 7 months ( I didn't really have a big bump) so thats why I'm not telling anyone this time too.
It's like a little fluttering that I feel, which I know is not gas, so maybe it is movement.
You have more patience than me, avasmummy, I always find out because I like to shop after 20 week scan and im not a big fan of neutral colours.

AngelDelight
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hello all

So has everyone told there parents now? I have only told two friends as its nice to be able to talk to someone. I'd like to find out sex but I do like the surprise and it keeps everyone guessing.

Well ladies I have been pretty poorly Sad this week I have been suffering with a cold which turned into sinsusitis my whole face has been aching bad cough and no energy. Then yesterday I started having cronic stomach pains with shivers, dizzyness and feeling so sick and felt so weak. As you can imagine I was worried about bean so seen an emergency gp tonight. Turns out I have a water infection hence the reasons for pains in belly. So been subscribed antibiotics. Hope bean is OK anyone else suffered from water infections?

May glad your parents are happy re your news! And that your kiddies are getting better xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am 
Post subject:
Well I ended up baring the sickness and I went to my dads and I ended up telling my parents.. I vowed I wouldn't but I suppose they would have found out eventually.
Missy, I don't have a very supportive family although my mum did say congratulations this time and she gave me her old Doppler as a present which was nice. I have to say I hate neutral stuff too but not a fan of blue either but thtas just because my favourite colour is pink lol

Angel, I always had uti when I had Ava but this time I ju st live on cranberry juice and it seems to keep it at bay.
Hope you feel better soon.

Sooooo.. I had my scan today and baby is healthy with a nice big heartbeat. I cried with happiness, I was surprised too as I thought at my stage I would just see a blob but it has a head a body and little arm and leg stumps.. was so cute!!! But my due date is bang on and I was right about the egg coming from my right ovary!! So amazing knowing so much about this baby already!!! So happy that he/she is healthy and growing well. The doctor was really nice too and gave me a picture! It's made my day! Hope everyone else is well Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:49 am 
Post subject:

Thought I'd share today's scan labelled xx[/img]

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
It's a real shame Missy that your family are not supportive - a baby is surely reason for happiness everytime? Sad *hugs* Can't believe you managed to keep it secret for that long last time!

Sorry to hear you are poorly Angeldelight - I know what you are going through. I had a UTI twice when pregnant with Samuel that required antibiotics - despite drinking loads and cranberry juice at the first sign, but was fine with it. I also had a cold that became sinusitis - I've never had it before (or since thank god) so when I called the GP and said my face couldn't move and I couldn't talk - every little thing was agony, even just walking sent the vibration through my jaw and was painful. Thankfully a load of antibiotics, and bowls of hot steam water with a couple of drops of teatree oil in really helped (had to be teatree oil as eucalyptus/olbas/etc are not recommended in pregnancy) or even peppermint teabags in a bowl of steamy water. I really hope you feel so very much better soon hun!

WONDERFUL scan picture Avasmummy! How cool! And fab that they gave you a picture to keep! So cute! Smile Getting impatient for my date now! I know it will (should) be this month but I want to know when!!! Smile xxx

AngelDelight
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
Brilliant scan pic bet it was an amazing feeling seeing little bub Smile I'm getting impatient for my scan now especially with being poorly I'm worried it may effect bean.

Thanks may I can't believe how painful a uti is, its not that its painful to wee but my whole body is aching and I'm constantly tired plus I get a dull throbbing pain around my kidneys. Did you experience any of this? And how long did it last? On the stuffy nose thing they said in boots I can take olbas oil? I'm confused as to what you can take?!x

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:37 pm 
Post subject:
It was amazing to have a scan pic ladies.. was so sure there would be no heartbeat or baby from how ill I was along with the bleeding. Soon as he said he found a heartbeat I burst into tears with relief and happiness. Best feeling ever!
Will be even better in 6 weeks but at least now I can relax a little.

Bet your super excited for your scans ladies, so strange you have your 12 week scan this month may I think mine will be around Christmas lol funny to think we're in the same month!!

Angel, I had the exact same with Ava! I didn't really ache all over but no matter how many times they put me on antibiotics I would always have my urine sample come back positive.
I always had horrible pains in my right kidney, really hope it doesn't come back but it was so bad I had the beginnings of kidney failure, can't remember the medical term. After I had Ava ny kidney recovered after about a year.
I never had pain going for a week either.. was so strange! But I would ask for a scan on your kidney to be honest as it could be dilated. I really feel for you as mine was unbearable so know how it feels. Drink lots of water and ocean spray cranberry juice and it should ease the pain. Always worked for me but took about a day to go, hope you get better soon

Hope everyone is well xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
Oh Angeldelight - if they said yes to olbas - go ahead - I think the conflicting information out there is rediculous I really do. Baring in mind I was pregnant only last year, the advice conflicting from my two midwives is astounding:
Can eat shellfish so long as is well cooked vs NO shellfish of any kind.
No tuna at all vs tinned tuna is ok.
Eggs must be cooked the whole way through, no runny yolk vs egg white must be cooked, egg yolk can be runny.
Peanuts are ok vs peanuts are best avoided.
Don't drink at Starbucks vs it's fine, the water is boiling.
No to feta cheese vs yes to feta.
No to Greek/Natural yoghurt vs yes.
No to honey vs yes.
Honestly - the advice is so mixed! My current (ancient) midwife (who is saying no to just about everything!) even told me I wasn't allowed to sit with my legs crossed!!! because the pressure from my calf on my shin could cause blood to slow down and cause a blood clot. I'm not even joking.
She also recorded me as having a much higher BMI than I do because I told her my weight in kg and height in feet and inches, and she said 'oh - that's about 1.5m' and worked out my BMI at 22.6 - when in fact I am nearly 1.65m which puts my BMI at 19.1. Stupid woman. I did however learn from last time that you barely have anything really to do with your GP midwife and so I don't care - I'll turn up when I should and do the pee and blood tests - the rest can go jump. I don't need to like her - she has nothing to do with me really.

Still no scan date - I'm getting so impatient! Smile

On the plus side (I know a little early but a friend is selling hers and it is brand new never used, she changed her mind just outside of the return date) I am buying our double buggy this weekend! Very Happy x

Missyplus4
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 am 
Post subject:
Hello everyone,

AngelDelight hope you feel better soon

Avasmummy it's good to see your scan went ok and baby is well

MingoMayo I'm still waiting for my scan date too, hopefully we should be getting them soon.
I'm having a c-section too, it will be interesting to see what dates we get for them too.
My grandmother says the same thing about crossing your legs when pregnant, she didn't say about clotting though,
she just said its not good to cross your legs when pregnant Rolling Eyes

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
I hope we do - I called the hospital today to cheekily ask if they had booked my scan yet - I said that I needed as much notice as possible so that my hubby could join me - and she said she would book it and send the appointment out to me today so I shall be waiting for the postman tomorrow! Smile Hope it is soon! I'm so impatient and hubby and I are now winding each other up about it being twins!

Plus if we're getting the double buggy at the weekend - I need to have the scan soon so I can tell friends because until then we can't have anyone over to our house because we've got nowhere to store it but the lounge and it will be really obvious! Smile

xxx

Missyplus4
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi MingoMayo I've got my scan date today
It's on the 3rd of December Smile it's a bit late though I will be about 13 weeks then, but still time is flying anyway, cant believe I'm nearly 10 weeks already!
Hope you get yours soon

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
Smile That's great Missy! Glad you got a date - anyone else? I got mine today - 28th November - I'll be about 12 and a half weeks Smile Can't wait! Smile x

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hello! Just very quickly popping in to say I'm ok - just busy. Have felt fairly rough this week and absolutely shattered but my students are well trained and just get on with what they're supposed to do!! My booking appointment is on the 21st November so some of you will be getting your scans before I've even got mine booked!! Hope you're all ok,
Abbie x
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
abbie29 wrote:
Hello! Just very quickly popping in to say I'm ok - just busy. Have felt fairly rough this week and absolutely shattered but my students are well trained and just get on with what they're supposed to do!! My booking appointment is on the 21st November so some of you will be getting your scans before I've even got mine booked!! Hope you're all ok,
Abbie x

My booking in is the 19th so your not alone abbie lol it's really dragging and the sickness doesn't help xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:00 am 
Post subject:
Your scan picture is brilliant Avasmummy. That's so exciting, I bet you feel more relaxed now. My private scan is this Friday, will be 11+5 then, and I've got my booking in appointment on Monday 19th so not too long off. Not heard anything about nhs scan yet, but my booking in letter said it has already been sent for and should come in a seperate letter. I'm glad I've opted for the private one now.
Back at work today so hoping this week goes quick although dreading the tiredness.

Can't wait till we've all had our first scans Smile

xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20

Jump to:  

Community

Popular