June Mummies 2013

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:32 pm 
Post subject: June Mummies 2013
Hello!

Got a BFP a couple of days ago, so puts me due 7th June 2013, though I think when I have my dating scan it will move to closer to the 14th as I OVd almost a week late this cycle...

Was really surprised to be honest, I knew I felt odd, but not like I felt with my son, and not like I felt a few weeks ago when I sadly had a chemical pregnancy. The only symptom I have is really bad dizziness, my head is constantly ringing. Other than that - the sickness, tiredness, big, sore boobs... none of that has appeared!

Of course - there is still lots of time! Very Happy I had sickness with Samuel from week 3 to week 32, then at week 36 it returned and at week 38 he was born early so not much respite from the ginger biscuits! Makes me wonder if I'll have a girl this time then?

Well, here's me: May, 28 (in two days time! a birthday positive!) and based in Salisbury, Wiltshire (near Stonehenge if that rings bells?), married with a gorgeous baby boy, Samuel who was 6 months old the day I got my BFP! Trained primary school teacher, but when my contract finished and I found out I was pregnant with Samuel the week after, I left teaching to work in a GP surgery as a receptionist part time until I am done having my family, then I may go back to teaching or similar... Smile

Anyways - we've called our bean 'Pudding' - hope there are lots of people (and puddings!) to join us soon! Smile

Beckyshutts
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I got my positive on the 4th and I am still in total shock. We have told the family and a couple of close friends who guessed as soon as I saw them.
I am still trying to get my head around it. My hubby and I had started fertility treatment 8 weeks ago and by our calculations are about 6 weeks now, I still can't quite believe its real! That would make us due 1st June.

I have spoken to my fertility consultant who has me booked in for an early scan be ause of the treatment....need to check we don have more than one jelly bean bouncing around in there and obv that everything is ok too.
I don't really know what to do now? I keep hearing about a booking in appt? I don't know what this is.....

Any advice you can give me would be great. Also is it normal to have a mini panic every time u go to the toilet just in case it has decided on an early exit?

Congrats to you. Xxxxxxx
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun Smile

Congrats to you too! I gather it was a long journey and I'm so chuffed for you and your hubby! Could your friends guess from the grin? Very Happy

A booking in appointment is usually between 8-10weeks with your midwife - if you call your GP and tell them you're pregnant and need a booking in appointment they'll advise what to do next. Some places you see a GP first then the MW, some you book directly with the MW and some the MW is informed and then calls you to arrange an appointment so it will depend where you live. Then your scan is booked for 12 weeks - but if you are having an early scan you'll get to see earlier than that! Very Happy The booking in appointment can take up to an hour and a half (especially if it is your first baby) and includes a urine pot test and a blood test, and lots of questions about your family history and your OHs so if he isn't there with you might be worth asking him about any history of disease or illness in his family as the MW will ask you. You also get asked about where you wish to have your baby, home, or hospital or birth centre, and whether you want Down's testing so it's worth thinking about these things in advance too...

The panic doesn't leave I'm afraid - I was always panicking with my son, I'm still panicking with Pudding... Smile And the worry doesn't stop when they are born either! Very Happy LOL! But it is worth every moment fretting!

My booking in appointment is on the 31st - and we plan to tell our parents after that. Then we're waiting like we did before til our 12 week scan (around the first week of December) to tell friends, though I have already told a close friend who is 3 weeks ahead of me, and my sister who is due in January... and AB of course! Smile

Will you be finding out the sex at the 20 week scan hun? We probably will only so we know whether to sort through and keep our blue stuff from Samuel or whether to go crazy on the pink! Smile I think DH would really like another boy so they can play together - especially with them being quite close in age (Samuel will be around 14-15m older) and I don't mind either way - a boy would be lovely but a girl would 'complete the set' as it were. Though we've said we'll think about TTC a third in 3 or so years, so a boy to be close in age to Sam and then a girl to complete our family in a few years would be great too. I can wait that long for that - though I know I'd end up with three cheeky boys! Be great though which ever combination! So long as there are 10 fingers and 10 toes, happy and healthy baby is all I want Smile

Have you thought about how and where you want to have your baby hun? I have to see a consultant about a planned C-section because Samuel was born very quickly and caused a lot of damage - the advice after he was born was that I wouldn't ever deliver children naturally again and would have to have a C-section, but I think I would like a second opinion on that.

Have you any symptoms yet hun? I don't strangely - apart from dizziness and a bit of cramp. I have however had a couple of bouts of nausea but nothing compared to last time... but have discovered that I cannot abide the smell of expressed breastmilk, which we had been trying to get my son used to as I was trying to wean him from breast to expressed bottles... but now we're back to boob because the smell of the milk in the bottle makes me really wince! He thinks Christmas has come early - he's such a boob boy and didn't really like the bottles at all! Smile

Sorry - am rambling - just so excited to be expecting again and have a June 2013 bump buddy! Smile xxx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
Anyone else joining us?

I'm still waiting for symptoms! The dizziness has kind of stopped for now. And the only real symptom I have is the cramp and a slight tight feeling if I cough or sneeze which I recognise from before. Other than that I'm not feeling pregnant at all! I kind of wish for sickness so that I know everything is ok! Smile

How is everyone else feeling? How are you feeling Becky? Any sickness or symptoms? x

Beckyshutts
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:05 am 
Post subject:
Hi guys. Unfortunately I have miscarried at seven weeks. I went for an early scan today which was to check up on it but I started to heavily bleed and cramp yesterday evening and unfortunately there was no baby in the scan so I had already miscarried over night. We are sad but hopeful as we were originally told I would find it difficult to get pregnant. One hurdle down but clearly it is a very upsetting time.
Good luck with your pregnancys girls. I am sending lots of baby dust and sticky thoughts to you for a happy and successful pregnancy.

XxxxxX
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Crying or Very sad oh Becky - I am so sorry to hear that Sad *hugs*

Please take care at this very sad and difficult time and my thoughts are with you and your family Sad *hugs*
xxx

Beckyshutts
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you. Clearly it was not the right time. Wishing you all the best in the world XxxxxX
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:11 am 
Post subject:
I've found this thread Smile

So sorry Becky, thinking of you.

Still not got any symptoms Confused but got my first GP appointment today. I am still panicking every time I go to the loo too. This is all so new to me. Haven't told anyone yet, apart from OH and askbaby. In one way I'm desperate to, but I'm still so scared. I think once I get to about 9 weeks, I might start to relax a bit. Time is going sooo slow though.

xxx

Missyplus4
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:30 am 
Post subject: Hello
Hello everyone,
Going by my scan I should be due in June sometime but no idea when.

I'm sorry Becky about your loss

Congratulations Mingo and Heath

The only symptoms that I am having is morning sickness, apart from that I don't feel pregnant.
All of my children have been born by c-section, my first was due to low heart rate, my second was a preemie baby born at 34 weeks, and my 3rd I had no choice but to have a c-section.

My feelings are all over the place at the moment, I had just settled and got into a routine with my other kids and now this news has just made me feel like I'm back to the beginning again.

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Heath and Missy Smile

How did your GP appointment go today Heath? I'm like you - still have no symptoms. Even the dizziness has stopped. But I did another FRER and the line is superdark - comes up immediately and before the control line even, and is so so dark. I seriously wonder if this is a girl because with Samuel by 6 weeks I was laid on the sofa all day sleeping because I was so tired and sick. DO you have any symptoms at all? Even just sore boobs or peeing a lot. I guess I am peeing more than usual... but that is it!

Sounds like you have a busy family Missy! Will you have to have a fourth c-section? If you are 6 weeks today like me then your due date is June 7th. Smile At least you have a few more months to get used to the idea and get your other kiddies used to it too - and I'm sure you'll find your routine again once baby 4 comes along...

What do your DHs/OHs think of your pregnancy? Mine won't keep his mouth shut - I'm really peeved with him to be honest! The day I found out he went to work and told one of his colleagues. Well - he said he didn't tell her. He said he 'just asked her whether she thought home pregnancy tests were accurate' - to which she of course said 'yes - why? is May pregnant?' - DUH. And then today he said he was out for lunch with his four lab partners and they asked him when were we thinking of having our next one, and of course - he gave it away!!! So now everyone at his work knows! I know that on monday I am going to have a meeting with my boss to tell her but that is because I need to inform her that I'm no longer going back in January and I need to take another year or more off work than we first thought! Kind of have to tell her - I'm not going to blab it to all my colleagues though! Grrr - men! In a way it is sweet as I know he is excited about it - but I wish he'd let it be a little bit later first... and it only takes one careless comment on facebook or whatever and the world will know before we're ready for them! Very Happy

Anyways - I'm ranting... sorry ladies!

Lovely to see you all here and hope we all have a happy and healthy few months ahead of us! Smile xxx

Missyplus4
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:24 am 
Post subject:
Hi,

Yes I do have a very busy family and I will have to have a fourth c-section. I'm kinda scared about the fact it's going to be my fourth section.
I haven't yet contacted the midwives as its early yet and I keep feeling that I'm going to lose the baby.

With my pregnancies I have had different symptoms with each one. So with my first I had no symptoms at all,
With the second I was tired and exhausted all the time, with my third it was feeling dizzy when smelling certain things and with this pregnancy, it's the first time I'm having proper morning sickness.
I know your hoping for a girl this time Mingo, so fingers crossed for you.

My DH is ok with the news, he is from a big family so has always wanted a big family himself.
I haven't told anyone else yet and I don't think I will be until they guess themselves because I dread to think what everyone's reaction will be, especially my mum. She wasn't happy when I told her about my third because it's such a small age gap.

Just a reminder, are you girls taking your folic acid? I forgot and only remembered yesterday, so went out and got myself some.

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
Smile I am taking a multivitamin for pregnancy and breastfeeding (as I'm still BFing my 6m old) that contains folic acid Smile

I already told my mum - she's over the moon - and to be honest though I think my friends and the rest of my family will think I'm mad having two so close (would have been even closer if I hadn't MCd early last cycle) they can have whatever opinions. We always wanted our first two close together and always said that so we're happy - and I am sure they will be too.

It's work I am worrying about - I have a meeting on Monday to discuss my 'return to work' and now I have to go and tell her that I'm extending my current maternity leave, taking a whole load of holiday, then going on another maternity leave and don't plan to come back between them... I'll go from returning 21st Jan 2013 to returning June 2014 at the earliest! Very Happy Baring in mind when I got the job I was 17 weeks pregnant and didn't tell them til 23 weeks - I only worked there for 3-4months and then went on this mat leave. I don't think she's going to be very happy -but again - I have to think of what is right for us - and for us right now, me staying home to care for Samuel and NOT going to work during this pregnancy is best for us... they'll just have to wait for me to come back in a couple of years!

Good luck in telling your Mum Missy - when do you think you will?

x

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:36 pm 
Post subject:
Yes I've been peeing a lot, increased cm, feeling very tired and hungry all the time Smile. No sickness or sore boobs though.
I did another test the night before went to dr's, just to be sure, and the line came up quick and dark too Smile. GP appointment was very uneventful, was in and out in 5 mins. She just told me due date (which I'd already worked out), checked if I smoked, if was taking folic acid and where I wanted to have the baby. She is sending off a referral letter to midwife.

My OH is super excited, think he's getting a bit frustrated that I'm not. I know I will once I've had that first scan, but just taking each day at a time at the mo. He was desperate to tell someone, as he knows I've told you ladies. So I've let him tell one close friend and made it clear nothing is to appear on facebook. We have a wedding in 2 weeks and convinced most of our friends will guess then so he wants to tell our parents before then all our friends then (will be 9 weeks). I've always said though that we'll wait till 12 weeks, so unsure what to do. Will create a post about that nearer the time Smile.

xxx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
You have to do what's right for you and your family May with your maternity leave, and you are entitled to it. Know as a boss though I wouldn't be too pleased Laughing Laughing

xxx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
Embarassed I know - I feel a bit bad about it - but when I was pregnant with my son I started a job at 12 weeks pregnant... told them on my first day - and they fired me, which I know is illegal but they did it and because my only option was court I chickened out of the stress and let them get away with it. However - it caused stress of it's own because at the time my DH was unemployed and then so was I, and at 12 weeks pregnant I was terrified I wouldn't get another job because I was pregnant! That was why when I went to the interview for the job I did get I didn't tell them, and didn't eventually tell them until 23 weeks when I had already been working for 6 weeks. When I explained why I hadn't told her (the boss exclaimed 'oh! why didn't you tell me? I need to do a risk assessment!') she was very nice and understanding and was totally in agreement that my previous employer had been wrong. But now I feel a bit bad that I'm doing this again.

However - the way my mum put it - at least now my boss can employ someone on a temporary 18m contract (Dec2012-June2014) and she has at least 10 weeks notice that she will need to do this... she already knew she had to cover til the end of Jan and possibly to the end of March for me - so I'm just getting her to extend this... if that makes sense?

We told our parents the first time at 8 and a half weeks hun, because my Dad was going to Afghanistan the following day. We didn't tell any friends though until our 12 week scan - I texted them all the picture Smile

This time around I told my sister because she knew I was testing for my birthday... and when I went to visit my mum a few days ago she turned around halfway through lunch and said 'so, when are you due?' - to which I of course was totally taken by surprise and laughed so she knows I couldn't lie! Smile I don't know whether she told my dad though - and DH doesn't know that she knows so I think at around 8 weeks (after my MW appoitment basically) we shall go tell them (officially) and also go tell my in-laws. Then we still plan to tell friends at 12 weeks but this time I think we might do something different to sending a scan picture... perhaps get Samuel involved... I did think about doing some little hand-print cards from him to our close friends telling them the good news. Or have him holding the scan picture Smile

Anyways - when you choose to tell is up to you hun. It is nice to wait for the 12 week picture only because then you have something to SHOW, but at the same time, it is very difficult to keep it secret from everybody for that long! Very Happy

We are seeing DH's sister and her family, and his older brother tomorrow at a massive 50th Birthday gathering for a distant family member... though his parents are away so they won't be there - but I wonder if DH will blab to his sister and brother... it wouldn't surprise me if he does - he is so rubbish at keeping secrets!

x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to:  

Community

Popular