June Mummies 2013

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hello all! I am so so sorry have been off the planet for a long while! Just seemed to be super busy in the run up to christmas, then was poorlysick and so was Samuel, christmas itself etc - MANIC!

Hope that everyone is ok - especially you Abbie, so so glad your baby is ok! That must have been really nerve-wracking but so happy that all is ok. Is everyone ok after the deer-arguement?! That's a shame on Christmas day especially! Sad

Avasmummy - really glad your scans were good and the placenta thing isn't causing too much trouble - and I agree - boy! Smile LOL!

I am looking at my picture thinking girlie - but every now and again I wonder if I think boy instead and am unsure again - so I think I shall be utterly clueless to be honest right up until they tell me at my scan in 3 and a bit weeks... Smile I really don't mind either way - I just want to know!!! We've already talked names - boys and girls, and think we have chosen a boy's name, and have a couple in mind for a girl... anyone else got names in mind ready already?

My sister still hasn't popped - she's not due til Jan 20th (or there abouts) but her plug has been going for a couple of weeks already and she's 4/5ths engaged and her midwife joked that she'd be lucky to make it to christmas so we're expecting an early baby... I'm so impatient - I cannot WAIT to be an aunty and to see her baby girlie - I just know she's going to be an absolute CUTIE and my sis will be a brilliant mummy - just cannot wait for it to happen!!! Smile

Wishing everyone a very happy christmas (although I am late) and a great new year - I am pretty busy still til the start of Jan as the 3rd is my mum's 50th so we're having a big party for her at the weekend of the 5th and then depending on when my sister's baby comes I'll possibly still be busy visiting and having lots of newborn cuddles and feeling evermore broody for my Pudding! Smile

Big loves xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
MingoMayo wrote:
Avasmummy - really glad your scans were good and the placenta thing isn't causing too much trouble - and I agree - boy! Smile LOL!

Well I have cracked and we have a gender scan 2 weeks tomorrow so we shall see!! Very Happy
I still think boy but have had 50/50 opinions so will be interesting to see what it is, I just cant wait to find out so I can go shopping! If I have another girl I'm going to go girly mad this time as I got everything neutral before just in case I ever had another one and it was a boy Laughing

I'm starting to get a bit more excited now I have written my baby list, my sickness (touch wood) is FINALLY easing, it even went completely for Christmas day!!! Best pressie ever! Laughing

I still feel sick in the mornings and still cant swallow saliva Embarassed BUT I can do housework now and cook ava ond oh meals!! Its actually amazing!!! Smile

Abbie, so glad your scan went well, it seems all of us june mummies have managed to to be sticky beans/puddings Smile!!

Well wishing you a happy new year all!! Bring on 2013 and the arrival of our babies!!! Party

AngelDelight
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hello all!

Glad you all had a good busy Xmas. I had a lovely time and we all managed to escape any sickness bugs...! Smile

Abbie glad to hear everything went well at your second scan and nice to see baby again. My friend has just told me she's expecting her first baby in June though she is very anxious as she had 3 mc in a row so hope it all goes well so I can have a close bump buddy!

May good to see you back on here again I had wondered where you had got too. Hope the birth goes well for your sister.

Avasmummy what you like booking a gender scan...you must be very impatient! Laughing good luck with it and hope you get the boy your longing for Smile

Am I the only one remaining as team yellow?? I would like to find out but do like the suspense through the pregnancy and keeps everyone guessing. Plus I feel if I find out the sex I will go mad buying cute boy/girls clothes. I think I'm having a girl and even been looking a newborn girls clothes in the sale. Will just have to wait for another 6 months..!!! Shocked

Hope you all have a great new year and bring on 2013 so we can all meet our new babas. Xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
AngelDelight wrote:
Hello all!

Glad you all had a good busy Xmas. I had a lovely time and we all managed to escape any sickness bugs...! Smile

Abbie glad to hear everything went well at your second scan and nice to see baby again. My friend has just told me she's expecting her first baby in June though she is very anxious as she had 3 mc in a row so hope it all goes well so I can have a close bump buddy!

May good to see you back on here again I had wondered where you had got too. Hope the birth goes well for your sister.

Avasmummy what you like booking a gender scan...you must be very impatient! Laughing good luck with it and hope you get the boy your longing for Smile

Am I the only one remaining as team yellow?? I would like to find out but do like the suspense through the pregnancy and keeps everyone guessing. Plus I feel if I find out the sex I will go mad buying cute boy/girls clothes. I think I'm having a girl and even been looking a newborn girls clothes in the sale. Will just have to wait for another 6 months..!!! Shocked

Hope you all have a great new year and bring on 2013 so we can all meet our new babas. Xxx

I reeeeeeaaally want to stay team yellow but everyone's opinions on the sex drive me nuts and I just want to shut them all up and leave me in peace haha plus I cant seem to find anything truly unisex.. everything sways more boy or girl, like brown is boy imo and yellow is girly.. white is the only thing neutral. I honestly dont mind what I have I just think its a boy rather than wanting one if that makes sense Laughing

also I only went for the gender scan because it was 70 quid and you get a dvd.. i really want a dvd of my baby in my tummy but i refuse paying over 100 Confused
I wonder if I could go to a gender scan and say actually I dont want to know and still get the dvd Laughing

I could still cancel and be team yellow but I cant find anything nice and neutral.. Question

Any good websites for neutral stuff..?

AngelDelight
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
I'd live to have a DVD of the baby and was thinking of doing a private scan but they are all over £100 my way plus I am sure I may get a glimpse of a boy willy and it would spoil the surprise that's if it's a boy.

What I'm planing on doing in respect of buying clothes, a few weeks before due date I'm going to purchase some boy and girls newborn outfits but keep the gift receipt then what ever it is I can just swap it for boy/ girl clothes Smile so you don't really need to buy neutral clothes they are nice and I bought loads when pregnant first time but as soon as it was a boy I wanted all blue clothes! X

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:53 am 
Post subject:
Anna, we're Team Beige!! We have absolutely no intention of finding out - we like the surprise and have no preference either way. I didn't mind what I had when I had Isobel although I had always said I would like a girl eventually. We thought Isobel was a boy but now we have her, it really makes not difference either way. We're going to do the same as you - buy two special outfits closer to the time and keep the receipts. My parents also liked being sent out on a 'colour buying mission' so we'll do that again!

May, glad to see you back - you must be so excited about your sister. Neither my brother or my OH's siblings are likely to have children anytime soon (although they all spoil Izzy!!) so it must be nice to have cousins close in age. My cousin's children are just a bit younger than Isobel and we spend a lot of time with them which is the next best thing.

Hope you all have a fantastic New Year's Eve and 2013 - we're off to a friend's house who have little girls too so the girls play for a bit and then we put Izzy on her blow up bed in one of their rooms and they go to sleep whilst we play games and then we get Izzy up around 1.30 and go home (can't leave the dogs overnight on their own!!)

Abbie x
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:25 pm 
Post subject:
Thought I would be the first to post this year.... Happy New Year to you all!!! Hope you enjoyed yourselfs.

We are quiet on here we need to bump ourselves to the top of the page Smile

So who has their 20 week scan first? What are all your dates? Mine is the 14 Jan. x

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
My 20 week scan is 01.02.13 but I'm having a private scan in 7 days (13.01.12)

So.... Whos is finding out what theyre having at the 20 week scan? so excited to see if everyones predictions were right!!

Weasleywannabe
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hello,
Our 20 week scan is on the 18th of January. We have been lucky enough to be scanned every two weeks since 12 weeks, but I am still looking forward to seeing Spud again. We will not find out whether Spud is a boy or a girl. We did not find out with our son either.

Goodluck to everyone with their 20 weeks scans. I hope all babies are healthy and growing well.
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,
Happy new year Very Happy

My 20 week scan is on the 25th of January and I will be finding out sex if baby behaves.. I think I'm having a boy.
Good luck for everyone's scans, hope all babies are growing well and avasmummy can't wait to find out what your having, I think it's gonna be a boy.

Finally feeling proper baby movements now, it's so lovely when you can feel baby inside you.
I don't have much time to think about baby but it still let's me no its there Smile

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:16 pm 
Post subject:
Well ive decided to cancel the private scan and oh is going to take a camcorder into the 20wk scan We are staying team yellow now!!! Very Happy xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Hey everyone - Happy New Year - still not a new Aunty yet - but every little thing she says makes me think it will be so soon etc Smile Will keep you posted!
Only a week and a half til we see Pudding again and find out boy/girl. We shall be finding out just for ease of logistics - I need to know whether to sell Samuel's stuff and get pink or whether to keep his stuff and stay blue... plus when we go buggy shopping I need to think neutral or blue... Very Happy Plus I'm no good at patience, I just want to know - especially as I have NO idea this time round - going to be a complete surprise either way! Very Happy

All's well here - lots of baby movement, got a pretty big bump (for me) this time, I was looking at pictures and bump was about this big at around 25 weeks last time - so quite a few weeks ahead of myself... still half expecting to get to the scan a week monday and them to go 'oh wow - there's actually TWO in there!' LOL!

Bought myself a total indulgence just after christmas - a Yummy Mummy queensdale tote - HUGE so I can get nappy stuff for both Samuel and Pudding in there - in a fairly neutral design (blue bird and bows with beach huts) - so in love! Very Happy Been lusting after one for EVER but could never justify it and with Samuel we just used the free one that came when we ordered from Vertbaudet, but this time I figured I could spend what we saved on a bag with him plus what we'd spend on a bag with Pudding - and the tote was brand new, with change mat and wet bag too, and was just £50 so I was pretty chuffed with my deal! Smile

Anyone else doing any of the buying yet or everyone waiting til after the 20 week scan?
xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
Soooo.. touch wood my sickness has completely disappeared! I feel so epic now Laughing
being able to cook and clean is an amazing feeling, being able to wear purfume again is nice too. I feel like myself again.

I must have looked totally rough for the last 11 weeks because when i dropped Ava off at nursery this morning she said, wow you look really nice! (all i had done was put a bit of mascara on and straightened my hair) Roll

So my 20 week scan is the 1st of feb, think I already said but cant remember. Hoepfully I will have the will power to not peek, well I wont ask but if I happen to see something then thats not my fault is it? Wink Laughing

May I'm so excited to hear what you are having! I think you might be having a girl but I have a feeling this birth club will be majority boys Smile

Hope everyone is well xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
I haven't been on her FOREVER, I'm sooo sorry. I come on askbaby and go on general chat, general preg, ttc, and occasionally ivf, then this bit is so far down that I miss it. I'm going to come on much more, I promise.

Well we ordered our nursery furniture at the end of December in the January sales. It's not coming until mid April though. Have chosen our pram and hopefully going to order that on Friday. Our 20 week scan is on Tuesday, can't wait. We are staying team beige, much to OHs annoyance. He really wants to know, but I'm determined I don't. Seen some lovely clothes and desperate to buy stuff as haven't actually got anything yet. Every time I mention something though, someone seems to tell me it's bad luck. When does it stop being bad luck?!

We've also been invited to a wedding evening reception mid March and a full day/evening wedding mid April, so I'm on the hunt for a nice maternity dress. Feeling impatient but wondering if I should wait until nearer the time.

Glad to see that everyone's sickness has gone, and everyone's scans went well.

xx

AngelDelight
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hello! Glad to see a few more posting more regularly Smile so it's sounds like most of us are team yellow.... Yey!

Avasmummy - I'm shocked to see you have cancelled your private scan?! I really thought you wanted to find out if you we're having a boy. So it sounds like I'm up first for 20 week scan unless someone else has had theirs and I've missed it? Mine is on Monday at 12, oh will be coming with me. So nervous as you will remember me posting about my ds being small etc really hope it goes well and baby is developing as it should be. I'm only still getting little flutters no kicks but it is till quite small apparently size of a mango.

So think I asked before, just out of curiosity how old are we all? I'm 31. X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 9 of 20

Jump to:  

Community

Popular