June Mummies 2013

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:46 am 
Post subject:
Hello ladies.. well I got my bfp yesterday!! Fertility friend says I am due on the 27th of June but if this baby takes after it's big sister then it with come made of June!

So sorry to hear about your loss Becky.. it's awful having to go through a miscarriage. My thoughts are with you and your family.

So I'm only 3 weeks and 4 days.. .mental saying that as usual people don't find out until they are 4/5weeks+ but already I have noticed I need to wee all the time.
Appetite has died down.. not it's usual crazy self during the previous 2ww where I haven't been pregnant.

Im thinking.. when do I tell family? Me and oh were saying 12 weeks.. I know nobody will be happy about it though as my family are all so judgmental.. because I'm self employed I don't earn very much and oh is on am ok salary but London house prices are so expensive we have to rent which is still over the top so family will say that were too skint to afford another but I've waited 2 years now and I'm not waiting forever just because we're not well off. Plus me and oh aren't married so I know they will all have something to say about that. I imagine oh family will be over the moon! But still might wait until 12 weeks.. I think it's more a case of I don't want to tempt fate lol

I told my best friend soon as I found out, she's also having a baby.. she's due in march so our babies will be close in age!

I'm just so excited to be doing it all over again, I didn't enjoy being pregnant with my daughter because she wasn't planned.I love her to bits now but it will just be nice enjoying a planned pregnancy. Still can't believe my daughter is going to be a big sister!!

Well I'll stop rambling now and I wish everyone a happy and healthy 9 months!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Many congratulations hun! Smile

We are hoping to tell friends etc at 12 weeks after our scan - and family was meant to be around 8 weeks but DH has been blabbing to anyone and everyone - the only family that don't know now are his parents (my mum guessed - so I don't take the blame for that one!). Trying to tell him to keep it secret from now on - but he's uselessly excited! Rolling Eyes

I have noticed I pee more often but nothing else yet... still waiting!

I told my boss at work today - she was actually really nice about it! I'm pencilled in to return now in June 2014! Smile Feels nice to say I won't be back at work at all till then! Smile

As for the finances etc Avasmummy - don't worry too much - like you say - you can't put life on hold. We're by no means wealthy - we don't have savings and DH's job is not secure beyond March next year - but we'll get by. When I fell pregnant with Samuel, my contract in school had just finished and DH had been out of work for a year - we'd just gotten married and spent all our savings on that... and we still got by! Ok - I did go and get a job while pregnant but it worked out well for us! Smile

Good to meet you hun and hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months too! Smile xxx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Avasmummy Smile

And glad it went well with your boss today May. I'm holding off telling mine till after the 12 week scan. Still doesn't feel real enough to tell people Rolling Eyes Just want to see that everything is ok.

I have planned to tell my mum and mother in law on their birthdays, which are really close to my 12 weeks. I am hoping I can get my first scan at 11+5 so I have something to give. But when I went to my gp she said the midwife will usually contact me about week 10-12, so I really hope I can get it organised in time. I felt a bit stupid to say why I wanted it early so didn't, but everyone has waited so so long for this, I'd love to surprise them with it.

xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
So when is everyone's due date.. I feel odd that everyone is 6 weeks and I'm only 3 weeks hehe
And your right may we can't all put our lives on hold.. I'm still really nervous about telling my family.. they're very posh compared to me and are all very hard nosed.. they told me to have a termination with my daughter and made me feel so under pressure I told them I had and then revealed after the 20 week scan I was pregnant lol nothing they could say then lol

Life isn't about money and materials though. It's about being happy and being loved and giving love. Gosh I've gotten so emotional these last few days.. I'm turning I to a hippy lol

Heath, I hope you get to have a scan in time for you mums bday! Can't imagine how excited you and oh must be!

So I'm thinking of keeping this baby's sex a surprise.. I know I'm thinking way ahead but I found out with my daughter so fancy doing it differently.. what is everyone else's plans on that front?

Already decided I will be having a home birth if all is healthy as I did with dd and was an amazing experience.

Wishing you both happy and healthy pregnancy Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AngelDelight
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hello all...!

Another one to join you! Congrats on your pregnancies and Becky so sorry to hear of your loss Sad

well I am still in shock as wasn't really trying, just felt extra horny last month! ha Laughing

I am feeling nauseas each day and having a lot of cramps. I am trying to not be too complacement about this pregnacy as know it's still early days and had a lot of stress with my son when pregnant with him.

By my calculations I should be due around 6th of June. x

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 pm 
Post subject:
How early can we get symptoms? I know I'm only 3 weeks but I used to have spots all the time but my skin over the last few days is amazing!!! And I swear I'm craving things as I'm addicted to meat lol anyone want to place bets on what I'm having because I could hazard a guess!! Haha!

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
Smile

That's a lovely idea Heath - giving them scan pictures for their birthdays! Smile
Hope you get your scan before then! It's not so silly to ask for that reason! Otherwise - just say you are going away for the following two weeks and lie - they will have to give you the scan earlier then! Smile LOL!

Shall I start a list of due dates and predictions ladies?

Here we go - message below and I'll update! Smile

May - due 7th June - predict: twins (LOL! - mad I know but DH and I have it in our heads that it's twins - boy and a girl!) otherwise a girl.

Avasmummy - due June 27th - predict: boy

Heath - due June 2nd - predict: boy

Angeldelight - due 6th June - predict: girl

Missy - due June 7th - predict: boy

Hopefully more people will join us too! Smile

Welcome Angeldelight Smile you're due the day before me! Smile Though I think I'll be more mid-May because will have an elective C-section, not my elective - the consultants! Still - am sticking with the June Mummies - I was meant to be an April Mummy this year and was a March Mummy instead LOL!

I think you can get symptoms very early Avasmummy - with Samuel I had a funny sense of smell, cramp, sickness and extreme tiredness, plus I KNEW I was pregnant at aroud 6DPO - I tested from 4DPO because I knew I felt weird. This time round I still don't really 'feel' pregnant or have symptoms... though I was a little nauseous this afternoon so maybe that is the beginning of it...

Which is kind of why I think I may be having a girl this time - with Samuel I had very long and strong nails, my skin was terrible though, and I was so sick and tired the whole time, pretty much all pregnancy - this time though I don't feel sick or too tired, my skin is fine and all my nails in the last week have split and snapped Sad they are so brittle! Sad

As for cravings - I don't have any yet - but with Samuel I remember drinking LITRES of fresh orange juice for the first 10 weeks, and the only thing I could eat was honey loops cereal and gingernut biscuits.
This time I've not noticed any craving as such or even any aversions... but I am eating A LOT. Smile

Anyone else thinking up names already? Smile
x

Last edited by MingoMayo on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Awww brilliant idea may, that way when we get close to out due date we can all see us drop off one by one lol and yep that's exactly right. By my lmp I'm due 26th June but I ovulated on cd15 so it's 1 day difference. And I really do think I'm having a boy, already have a girl and boys run in oh family so the fact we had a daughter at all was a shock! Had a bit of sickness but is not as bad as what it was with Ava.. but then again it didn't kick in with her until 5 weeks+

And yes I've been thinking of names.. I know it's early but it's all so exciting!
Eeek! June mummies 2013 is the best!!! Hehe

Is anyone going to find out what they are having at the 20 weeks scan. Thinking of keeping it a surprise this time! Not sure if I will be able to handle the wait though haha not coping with sticking to keeping pregnancy a secret.. just doing to tell everyone. I'm just so happy and excited that I want to tell the world!

It sounds awful but with Ava I was just I'm shock as show wasn't planned but this time I am utterly in love with this baby already, used to be so cynical about women who said they loved their babies this early but now I totally get it! I think it's because this baby was planned and I know what to expect second time round so it's a totally different experience.

I regret not embracing it with Ava but this time I'm going to enjoy every second! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AngelDelight
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hello...

Well I predict girl, only because I am feeling extra nauseas and dizzy this time especially at night from 6pm, it hits me. But I wont be finding out the sex, I did not with my son as I think having a suprise makes it more exciting!

I have my booking appointment on Monday. My boobs are getting bigger too, last time I went from a b cup to a f cup!! I really hated having bigger booobs as did not suit my slim frame Confused

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:28 pm 
Post subject:
My due date is 2nd June and I predict a boy. Don't know why, just have a feeling.

xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:19 am 
Post subject:
So I'm 4 weeks today and I still have no symptoms.. no sickness, no sore boobs and they have gotten smaller if anything and cramps seem to have gone and it's all a bit worrying. Sickness means baby is healthy so I don't mind feeling it.. unless it's true what they say and you get less/no sickness with boys.

Just feeling groggy to be honest, I have a splitting headache and I'm super tired. Feel a bit ill. Got a really bad tummy ache too Sad

I dont think it's pregnancy related because it is like I have a tummy bug although I haven't had an actual upset. The pain in my tummy is so bad it's making me feel sick but it's not morning sickness as I remember it well with Ava. Maybe it's too early for symptoms yet lol

Hope everyone is well Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Missyplus4
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Avasmummy and AngelDelight on you BFP's. Hope you have a h & h 9 months

As well as the morning sickness, which has settled down now thanks to ginger biscuits I am now peeing alot more often and I'm feeling so tired too.

I am predict a boy for myself but that's only because secretly I'm hoping it's a boy Very Happy
I'm definitely going to find out at the 20 week scan because I'm so impatient Smile

I haven't rang for a booking appointment yet because it is a little early yet and they won't want to see me that soon anyway as this is not my first pregnancy.

I have already thought of names and have one if it's a girl and also have a name for a boy.

Hope everyone is well

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
Heys everyone Smile

I don't know about 'feeling sick' if you have a girl and not if you have a boy - I was so very sick with my son. This time I don't feel too bad - a bit grumpy recently and very tired - and today I actually felt a little nauseated too which was the first time for this pregnancy. With my son I was laid on the sofa from the day before I got my BFP because if I did anything other than lay flat and try to sleep I was ill Sad

I think I've updated all the predictions - I wonder how many will be right? Smile

We'll be finding out at the 20 week scan too Missy - too impatient to wait! We have a few girl's names in mind but are quite stuck for a boy's. We have one but every other day one of us is usure... so guess we'll put it all on the backburner until the 20 week scan so that we know which gender name to concentrate on.

Hope your tummy bug goes soon Avasmummy Sad Get well soon! Perhaps it IS morning sickness and it is just affecting you differently this time? I don't know if that is how it works - but maybe?

Angeldelight - I know how you feel about the boobs - I went from an A/B to a DD in the first 8 weeks with my son and was very unhappy about it because I'm like you - quite petite otherwise! Sad They are now just about Bs again but fortunately have not yet started to grow again - so I hope that they maybe don't until the milk comes in - which is fair enough I don't mind that so much.

I don't have my booking in til the 31st - seems SO far away - I'm so impatient! Very Happy

My friend who is 3 weeks ahead of me has another scan tomorrow (she's about 10 weeks) because she's had spotting and a UTI Sad She had a MC a few months ago at 11 weeks after a UTI so I think she is very scared but I have my fingers crossed that all will be well... I really really hope so Sad

Anyway - don't want to end on a negative note... I reckon most of us will be having our 20 week scans in January... exciting new years for us! Smile
xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
Well still not feeling sick but I give it a week before I can count myself out Smile
I have noticed I am exceptionally happy this pregnancy, definitely a boy as I was an emotional wreck from the beginning with Ava.

I've got my booking in appt on the 19th November.. that feels so long away!!
And I recommend drinking cranberry juice! That prevents UTIs apparently as there is something in it that stops the infection sticking to the lining of the urinary tract and kidneys etc
I have always had a lot of kidney problems! And so far so good with the cranberry juice.

I worked out my scan 12 weeks scan will be in between oh bday and Christmas and 20 weeks scan should be around valentines Smile

May, my boobs got massive with Ava from the very beginning, so much so it's the only place I got stretch marks lol but this time they have shrunk :/
I am quite slim but I have to say I wish I had bigger boobs.. hate my a cups lol I just want to be a c or d Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AngelDelight
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hello everyone, how are you all?!

Well I think I am still in denial that Im even pregnant, I know it sounds mad but just can't get my head around it. Even though I get waves of sickness and dizzyness and starting to feel tired. I am even finding it hard to motivate myself to exercise as I am a bit of an exercise freak! Laughing

I still want to contiune with my exercise as I did throughout my last pregnancy, just need to push myself a bit more.

I have my booking in appointment on Monday I know I will be having extra scans as I did with my son as he was always small and still is. So I know I will be worried for the next 8 months... Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to:  

Community

Popular