June Mummies 2013

Missyplus4
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:33 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

Angel delight I felt the same with my second pregnancy, it feels more real when you see your baby on the scan and you start to feel movements.
What weight was your son? I had extra scans last time too because my babies tend to be small too and second was a premature baby.

Mingomayo I hope everything is ok with your friends baby, it must be really scary for her as she has already lost a baby. Keep us updated

Can't believe I'm 7 weeks already, couple of weeks left till I get to see baby on scan

Hope everyone is well.

AngelDelight
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hello all!

How are you all doing? Missy my son weighed 5lbs 8oz he was born 9 days early.

I had my mw booking appt today who said she will see me like it's my first child due to all the issues I had with my 1st. I know I will worry again so no relaxing for me. Going to have the nuchal scan too as I need to know what to expect if there are any issues. I really want to enjoy this pregnancy too Confused

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:33 am 
Post subject:
Hello! I'm cautiously joining you! I'm Abbie, I'm 32, I have a nearly 3yr old daughter, Isobel and I'm a teacher. I had a MC before Isobel and another one last year (found out at my 12 week scan Sad ) so hence the cautious but need to be able to tell someone and after the debacle we had last time (my deputy head of dept. told everyone at work I was pregnant so then everyone knew I'd miscarried), we're only telling my Mum and you lovely ladies!! xx
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:33 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations abbie!! When are you due? Xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
Looks like it'll be the 29th June - am not going to get too excited just yet (Although I am!!!)! AngelDelight and I were January Mums together so I'm hoping she'll bring me good luck! Very Happy
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:38 pm 
Post subject:
Aww I'm the 27th June. When did you find out? Try to keep positive hun I know it's hard as I'm worried sick cuz I had a mc in Jan. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies - sorry I was gone a while, bit of a manic weekend with a friend staying etc...

Welcome Abbie Smile I'm a primary teacher by trade (took a part-time receptionist job while I'm having my family!) What age do you teach? Can't believe your Head told everyone?!? I'd have been LIVID. Sad

I have had sickness most days since Saturday (today though I've pretty much felt ok - maybe a funny 5 minutes but other than that ok!) which is kind of welcome as I was wondering if I was imagining the pregnancy but in a way makes me think 'argh - no! not again!' as I felt so [*@!#%*] last time. Ah well!

My meeting at work last week went well - she reckons I'm entitled to SMP and can take holiday between the two maternity leaves so I don't have to return at all between them which is a relief.

Sadly my friend had a missed miscarriage - her scan at 10 weeks showed that baby was still around 6weeks size so she was pretty upset and had to have an injection to encourage the MC to occur... which I can't imagine would have been nice at all Sad I'm relaly gutted for her and I now do worry about how she will feel about me. We have spoken but another friend called me (because she had spoken with her too and she had said 'it's so unfair, everyone else is pregnant and May's pregnant again already when she's only just had a baby and should have waited') to let me know what she had said, so that pretty much sums up her feelings... which I understand but still feel bad about Sad

Anyways... Sad Enough said until another time. I am hoping that time will help and she did say that she would try again in the new year so perhaps some good news will help too.

Sounds good that the MW is looking after you well Angeldelight... good to know! Smile

Like you Avasmummy - I got horrific stretchmarks on my boobs - the ONLY place I did! I used oil on my tummy every day but didn't think to on my boobs- big mistake! I'm using oil again this time - a really nice one from BodyShop that smells of tangerine! Very Happy I used a £land Bio-oil version last time - it was great but now they don't stock it - typical - something actually worth buying in £land and they get rid! Evil or Very Mad

My booking in is a week today - can't wait! Smile Then we can tell our parents (though my Mum knows already) and then only a few weeks to the scan - really can't wait for that! Smile Just want to know that it is real again! Very Happy LOL!

xxx

AngelDelight
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:07 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats Abbie! Nice to see you here were you surprised when you seen me on here?! Ha I hope we can bring each other luck. No one knows about my news expect for Gemma as she seen my post on here I know she won't tell a sole. I did not realise you mc from a scan at 12 weeks? It's so worrying.

I've convinced myself that they will find no baby at the scan or that something will be wrong as you know of the issues I've had with Joshua I find it hard to be positive. I won't be telling my news until the scan as I want confirmation all is ok.

Fingers x all goes well it will be nice to be cyber bump buddies again. xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:33 am 
Post subject:
Don't worry, I won't tell anyone - it was good to see a familiar name on here!! I Mc again last October - we went for our 12 week scan and they said the baby had died at around 10 weeks. I opted to MC naturally so had to wait a couple more weeks but it was all ok really. Just trying to be positive this time around but twelve weeks seems a long way away and it seems pointless having an early scan as it wouldn't have changed anything last time.

I've done 3 tests already and still can't quite get my head around it. I'm sure everything will be fine but, like you, we'll be keeping it quite until after the scan. After last time, I've decided, all being well, that I'll tell work after Christmas.

Mingomayo, I teach 11-18. I went part-time after having Isobel but I teach English and and am a Head of House. I love my job, I couldn't have gone back to work otherwise but it can be really tough sometimes. The second in dept who told everyone is a former friend who I fell out with when she tried it on with my husband whilst I was on maternity leave. She just likes to be a pain sometimes. It just meant that everyone was really awkward when I went back to work from my MC as they all knew why I'd been off (she'd even opened her trap in front of my sixth form so they knew Sad ) but there won't be that problem this time!! I hope your friend is ok, having had 2 MC, I know how horrible it is.

I've told my Mum I'm PG, I need her!!! But other than that, we're keeping it quiet. I know I'll probably end up telling my best friend at some point though!

At the moment, I'm working hard on eating very healthily - I'm way overweight at the moment and had just started the 14lbs before Christmas thread on AB - I've been reading up on the internet and it seems that I can stay on my diet as long as I eat properly so that's what I plan to do.
Anyway, hope you are all well and not feeling too bad xxx
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh I'm eating healthy too abbie.. I'm not overweight but I don't want the same struggle I had with Ava at losing the weight after. I remember being told at the 6 week check that I was 11 and a half stone still so I had only literally lost the weight of Ava. Baring in mind I was 8 1/2 stone before I had Ava. I'm 8st 11lbs atm so hoping not to weight more than 10/11 some this time round. All I ate through my last pregnancy was noodles, ice cream and kebabs haha so no wonder I gained so much.

Just out of curiosity is anyone keeping a pregnancy journal? I did the campers one with Ava until 12 weeks but I decided to buy a proper one this time seen as I'm 100% on dates this time round. Its called the belly book and I got it from amazon it's actually amazing it covers pretty much everything and it has slots to out pictures of the growing bump. I think it will be lovely to look back on in years to come.. just wish I had done it with Ava. I highly recommend this book ladies if you were thinking of doing one!!

Well still no symptoms really just exhausted all the time. Struggling with work a bit from being so tired. I'm a self employed baker and cake decorator. Working on a cake atm and it's really wearing me out wear as before I could race through a cake with no need for breaks. Was just baking it this afternoon and I was going to ice it now but I'm so tired I need a nap and might continue it tonight.. how is everyone dealing with exhaustion?

Im also panicking about losing this baby.. have no idea why but its not healthy the way im being. I keep putting off sex from fear of losing the baby even though everything was fine with ava. Again dreading the 12 week scan as im scared somrhing will be wrong.. Xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies Smile

Abbie - that woman sounds awful! Sad Can't believe she could do that! Don't blame you not telling her this time!

I'm eating really sporadically -some days I'm starving and eat loads and mostly healthy, other days I'm not hungry at all but when I do get peckish it's junk that I want. I don't think I'm drinking enough either... I must make more effort to drink water in the daytime!

I've actually put a post up in pregnancy problems. I was so stupid - I tested last week with my last POAS and it was fainter than my other ones, but when I googled it that is quite common as the sticks are variable (more dye on some than others, even same brand, same batch) and also the amount you drink, what you eat etc can affect it and also apparently the higher hormone this late on in pregnancy can be too much for the test to give an accurate reading. But I also now have a little niggly pain in one side - I noticed it a couple of days ago. It's not always there, and it's not severe, but it got me worried so I asked a doctor this morning, and she's told me to go and get a bloodtest done on monday morning! That seems a bit daft to me because a) I KNOW I'm pregnant, I don't need a blood test to tell me that! and b) surely a scan is the only thing that will show if it is ectopic. Because of my baby boy I don't want to end up in emergency surgery! He's still breastfed - what would I do for him!? Just feeling a bit worried about it all as I've had so little symptoms compared to last time, and wonder if an ectopic could explain that. That said - I was nauseous for three or four days last week (though that has again gone now, but it did for a few days around 8 weeks with my son too - came back though so hoping this sickness will too!)

Anyone got any advice? (I know relax will be one of those peices of advice - I am trying to honest!) Smile

Hope everyone else is ok and sickness isn't too bad for those beginning to get it.

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:23 am 
Post subject:
I read your post in pregnancy problems, I don't really know much about eptopic but I've heard it is incredibly painful. Let us know what's going on - I hope you're ok and not too worried. My OH and I have decided that we're going to do another CB digital test on Wednesday - a week after we did the first one and if it has changed from 1-2 to 2-3 we'll start getting in touch with the midwife etc. Hope all you ladies are feeling ok x
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hello girls...

How are you all? May I get niggly pains in my sides too but they come and go, as for symptoms some days I think am I really pregnant and think I am dreaming it all. Sometimes days I feel sick but other days I feel absolutely fine! So I would try and not worry too much, even though I do!If it wasn;t for my sore ever expanding boobs I would probably do another test.

Like some of you have mentioned I am trying to be careful with my weight. I am a bit of a fitness and health freak and go jogging though I am finding it tough as my boobs kill and I feel sick. It took me so long to lose my weight after my fist that it got me down, but I still exercised and never over ate and my son was tiny so god knows why I put on over 2 stone. I am still carrrying on with my fitness as I think it's really important, and I found my 2 hour labour went quite smoothly.

Hope you all have a great Halloween!! Twisted Evil

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
I still have no symptoms. I did have sore boobs when I first found out but they have gone now.. should I be worried? Got a few twinges in my groin today and been in floods of tears so maybe that's symptoms in itself.. really don't feel pregnant at all. It's all very different compared to the pregnancy with my daughter. So worried that baby isn't ok especially seen as I've been really ill over the weekend with high temps and a serve tummy upset. Feel a lot better now though but it was definitelya bug as oh and dd had it too. Dd still hasn't recovered.

Decided on having a private scan on top of the Nhs 12 week one as Nhs don't provide dvds and I would love to keep one of this baby as I regret not doing so with Ava. Might decide on having a 4d one and take Dd so we can show her as a way of making her feel involved too but im not sure yet as i dont really rate them plus i wonder if it spoils the surprise of what they look like.. still not funding out the sex so perhaps there is still a surprise xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies Smile

I'm a little like you, Angeldelight - trying not to put on too much with baby. I was lucky and didn't put on much with my son, and lost it plus more straight away - but I read somewhere that for subsequent pregnancies that isn't always the case and I don't want to suddenly find I balloon with this one and then can't lose the weight after. I'm not particularly fit or exercis-ey but I do like to keep a nice weight, especially being short, I tend to look dumpy if I carry too much weight! Smile

Hope you are ok Abbie? Have you tested again? Smile *hugs*

Avasmummy - I can't believe how different I feel this pregnancy compared to last year. No sore boobs, barely any sickness, I'm tired, yes, but I am running around after a 6m old too so that is hardly surprising. No cravings, no food aversions, just nothing! Though I did look in the mirror this morning and think 'cripes! am I showing already?!' LOL!

I had my bloodtest and the beta returned - 145000, which is about right - the doctor said it was quite a high reading and I should be very reassured by it. I reckon (though my ticker is a week out according to my LMP) that I was 7w4d when that level was recorded and at 8w2d I had a beta taken with my son last year at 137000 so I'm actually reading higher, earlier this time. I reckon that has to be a good thing! Smile

Finally my booking in appointment day has arrived - looking forward to tomorrow - hoping it will make it more 'real'. As DH said - we are so busy with Samuel and without any real symptoms, it is hard sometimes to remember that I am pregnant - he said he often forgets completely! Very Happy This weekend we plan to tell our families - his parents at a meal at ours on Saturday, and my parents (though my mum already guessed) at a meal out with them and my sister and her husband on Sunday. Looking forward to that too - though hoping my MIL won't go overboard on the fussing like she did last time. To be honest - if it were up to me we wouldn't tell her til I had the baby! Smile

And a bit of bad news - I'm not entitled to SMP! Damn. Ah well - will chat to people and see where I stand and what help I can get.

How is everyone else feeling? xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to:  

Community

Popular