June Mummies 2013

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
Not too long to wait ladies for a booking in! Though I think yours is so late Heath - must be the area! Friday for your private scan though! WHOO! Smile

I've had a couple of rough days - feeling quite nauseated, but still not actually sick. I think it is because I'm so tired.

We got our double buggy today - well - we got the Jane Powertwin Pro second hand, and set it up - haven't had a proper play with it yet - but I'm hoping it is perfect - otherwise I have to keep hunting! It seems good from what I can see - though I was a little worried about how un-cosy the back seat seems for a newborn - a bit exposed and big and bare - but I think it's possibly because I'm comparing it to the Graco which was so cocooned. I shall play properly tomorrow and see Smile Does look good though and is lighter and more compact than I thought it would be which is a bonus! Smile

Hope everyone is well - time is dragging so bad for me... I feel like my scan is so far away and I was so desperate to tell friends soon!
xxx

AngelDelight
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hello all...

Hope you've all had a nice weekend. Well I'm finally feeling back to normal, I really don't want another uti as it was just awful and my cold is clearing up too Smile

Good luck for your scan on Friday heath so exciting! Mine is a week sat still feels like days away.....

I'm desperate to tell friends too as a lot keep saying that I should be having another soon, little do they know! Laughing

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Glad you're feeling better Angeldelight. Try and keep your fluids up and hopefully you won't get any more.

Well I got my nhs scan through today for 28th November, will be 13+3 then, seems late but at least I'm not waiting for it now really. I'm not really knowing what to think about Friday. In one way I'm excited, as kept thinking today that a week today everyone will know. But I'm still so scared. I think it's because I've had no blood tests or anything, it is literally only my two bfps that I'm going on. What if I was wrong?? I've just got this horrible feeling it's not real.

xxx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Heath - I was the same, and am this time too - in fact - I felt that way with Samuel even though I had a scan at 6+4 and 8+5 as well due to bleeding... and I still expected them to find nothing on the scan at 12 weeks! I think it's because at this early stage you can't feel baby move and don't really have a bump to show either - so it doesn't feel as real as it does at the 20 week one! It will be amazing though to go to the private one earlier and get to tell everyone then Smile

Your NHS scan is the same day as mine! Smile Two weeks tomorrow! Smile

I actually don't feel so sick today so I am hoping that it may be easing off before it's really got going. I hope.

I had my flu jab today - so that is done and dusted. Was going through the appointments I need to book this time round too and I think I see the MW the same number of times, even though it's not my first. Maybe that is how they do it here.

My friend had a baby today - a little boy (she didn't know what she was having so it was a lovely surprise) Smile So happy for her. I only know his name and that they are all well - don't know if it was natural, water, home, c-sect or what. I think he was about 2 days late. I did feel a little pang of jealousy when I thought about her having him naturally and going through labour etc. But I know I have to get rid of this hangup about the c-section. I should just be happy to have a baby - but I would so LOVE to do the labour again and have that 'when will it be?' and 'will I be in a restaurant/on a bus/in bed/shopping in Tesco when my waters break?' - sounds so daft but I'll really miss that! Very Happy

Anyway - I should go and be sociable. I made chicken paella for tea - was SO yummy but made WAY too much so have to go dish it out and portion it off for another time now! Smile

Hope everyone is ok - and Avasmummy - I saw your post about the GP visit - definitely go back and see someone else - they are so wrong to have said you could just get on with it and get through it. Idiot Doctor.
xxx

mishaj
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hello,

another new mummy (to be) here, congratulations to your pregnancies and hope everything goes well.
I am 29, (also from Salisbury), due on the 6th June and still waiting impatiently for our first scan to tell me that I haven't been dreaming it lol. This is my first pregnancy, so all is quite new to me, it is great to read that my symptoms have been very similar to yours, although I don't wish morning sickness to anyone Smile My little bump is starting to show as well, makes me feel fat really as I think it is a bit too soon! I also have constant bladder problems, but luckily it is very mild, so cranberry extract is helping.

Misha xx
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Smile Hello Misha and welcome to AB and the June Mummies 2013! Another Salisbury Mummy! Will you be having your baby at Salisbury Hospital? We may see eachother there! If you ever fancy a meet up for coffee do let me know - am always up for meeting new people and making mummy friends! When is your first scan hun - do you know yet?

xxx

AngelDelight
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hello all

Welcome Misha nice to see you on here. i still get queasy but feel sorry for you guys who are really throwing up.

I am on countdown now, just need to see baby and no all is ok, not even told any sets of parents yet, as worried somethinh maybe wrong. So can't wait to tell people, it's getting tricky in work now, as I am finding it hard to know what to wear. As I am slim most of my clothes are quite tight fitted so if I start wearing flowy tops it will look a bit obvious!

I was going to ask where you are all from? so how many Salisbury mum's are on here?

I am from Bristol and aged 31.

xx

mishaj
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hello MingoMayo,
I got my scan date today - yay! It's the 27th Nov, I think it is day before yours? I am counting down the days. Would love to meet up ! My e-mail address is mjeffcoate@yahoo.co.uk, we can arrange something (don't want leave phone numbers on the world wide web...) Yes giving birth at Salisbury hospital I think, I have heard some good reviews, have you had good experience there? Does anyone have any experiences with giving birth at home? Or anyone thinking about it?

I am finding it hard to choose what to wear too AngelDelight, although when I thought one day that I am really showing, someone at work says that I look slim!! Ha ha Very Happy

Thank you for warm welcome and I hope all you ladies are ok.
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Bristol isn't that far from Salisbury either Angeldelight Smile

I'm definitely bumping. I can't believe it is so early - I knew it was always earlier for second pregnancy but wow - I had nothing at all til over 20 weeks last time! This time I'm feeling so conscious of it already - I even dragged out the maternity tankini I never wore last time to take Samuel to his swimming lesson this afternoon because I was so worried about the obvious bumpage I was sporting in my normal swim suit!

In a way I'm loving it - I loved my bump last time and love looking pregnant - but as I still have 2 weeks in which to keep it secret from most of our friends etc - bumpage is not useful especially as I went to being skinny after Samuel and everyone commented on it - so I'm having to pretend the winter feels really cold already and wear baggy jumpers to meet for coffees etc Smile

I had Samuel at Salisbury hun - it was fine! They looked after me well, I had a lovely midwife to deliver. I would say the ladies on the post-labour ward can be a bit scary, but don't let them bully you and stick for yourself. I ended up staying in hospital for 5 days after Samuel was born because they scared me silly about his weight loss, but depending on who I spoke to there, some were like 'it's fine - you can go home if you want' and some were totally opposite and being a first time mummy I was so scared to do the right thing, I went with the overcautious and stayed when it only made me very miserable. I think that had I gone home after just a couple of days in we'd have been more relaxed with feeding and he'd have gained the weight back a lot quicker. I guess they did also leave me waiting after his birth to be repaired - but they did come to apologise for that as they'd had a crazy day with theatre - lots of emergency c-sects... so guess it can't be helped and they did look after me while I was waiting.

I'll email you over the next couple of days hun - coffee/meet up would be lovely! Smile
xxx

Missyplus4
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi misha, congratulations hope you have a h &h 9 months Smile

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hey all, room for one more?? I have been meaning to pop in here it always get a bit sidetracked.

For anyone that doesn't know me i'm kenty. I have been on ab for years and didn't expect to be pregnant again. I am 27 and have 3kids(4,3 and 7months) I'm also due baby number 4 around 19th June

So how are we all?

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome kenty. I feel miles away from Salisbury and Bristol Embarassed , I'm in Warrington.

Luckily I'm not showing yet. Have put on a bit of weight but think that's from eating constantly, it doesn't particularly bumpage. I can't wait for it to appear though Smile
Have changed my scan appointment to 29th as just can't get time out of work on a Wednesday to go to my planned one. She seemed a bit funny with me on the phone, as said it has to be done by 14+1. It's not my fault the letter took forever to come through and my original date was at 13 and a half weeks anyway. Already can't wait to see little baby moving about again, I could have watched it for hours yesterday. I suddenly understand why you want a dvd of yours avasmummy.

We went to tell OHs parents yesterday. Put the scan picture in his mums birthday card and she cried her eyes out. I can't wait to tell my family tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy

I also can't wait to put it on facebook (I know how annoyed I've been when I've been ttc for so long and looking at everyone else's pics), but I just want the world to know. Haven't told work yet so going to have to do that on Monday morning before publishing it to the world.

xx

AngelDelight
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi kenty I think I remember you from when I was expecting with my first who was born in Jan 2010. And now you already have one and another one on the way! Shocked

Be nice to see baby again heath I can imagine its such an exciting time for you with telling everyone. My scan is on sat and I will be 12+2 I'm getting worried now as had so many issues when pregnant with 1st and my son is seen by many people now as they think he has a genetic condition but not sure what so I'm thinking will thus baby have any issues too? Confused

6 more sleeps till I finally get to see my baby and finally be able to tell people! X

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies Smile

Welcome Kenty - saw your original pregnancy announcement! Smile Exciting if busy! There'll be a similar age gap between your two youngest and my two - around 13 months.

Heath I am so jealous that you had a scan! Smile Bet it was amazing and so cool that you got to present the card with the picture! Smile So magical! How did telling people today go?

I am very impatient too and can't wait to tell the world. I keep thinking it's only 9 more days to wait til the scan and putting it on facebook etc but to be honest - I told my closest friends, and we told our families (close family anyway) and we told a few friends this last week as we don't get to see them often in person... and I'm so close to 12 weeks too. Though I've not had the scan - my sister returned my angelsounds monitor and though I told her there was no way I'd hear anything - clear as day there was a heartbeat so I am so happy and that is why we told the friends we did this week - because we heard the heartbeat - thudding away at 168-170bpm Smile So cute!!!

Sorry I haven't emailed Misha - I will - promise! My little man cut his second tooth through this weekend so it's been a bit hectic and I've spent most of my time cuddling him, playing with him to distract and fishing around his mouth with my finger covered in bonjela. Bless him.

Hope that everything is ok on Saturday for you Angeldelight - I really do - and try not to worry - every pregnancy is different, every baby. My sister and I are so different - I was born with a cleft lip and palate (genetic) and deaf in one ear but she had nothing! Smile

I have to go now - but hope to pop back soon! Smile xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies.. well I know I haven't been on in a while.. been bed bound with this sickness but I seem to have found my own temporary cure.. ice pops and sensations crisps ginger ones lol

Had my booking in appt today and she said she will call me when she has the date for the scan. Seems more real now but still itching for the scan haha
And I am praying my sickness goes by or for at least Xmas day.

So I see we have new additions to the June mummies! So exciting!!

Heath glad your scan went well. You should put some pics up!

May I head babys heartbeat for real at bang on 8 weeks luckily recorded it becaus e my Doppler doesn't work now for some reason. Maybe battery is gone. I thought I heard it sooner but know I didn't.

I'm not showing yet even though I've eaten nothing but junk. No doubt I will pop soon though.

Does anyone know if pregnancy fitness classes exists? Want to keep healthy once sickness has gone xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 6 of 20

Jump to:  

Community

Popular