Teething...

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:44 pm 
Post subject: Teething...
Hello all..
I was just wondering at what age your little ones started teething? And what were the signs?
My lo is 8+5 and im sure shes teething!
Xxx

Woodles
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:11 pm 
Post subject:
Chris started at 3 months, red cheeks, excessive dribbling, unexplained temperature and crying.. oh the crying... Good luck!
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:04 am 
Post subject:
really it can be any age but the usual guideline is from about 6 months on. my son was teething for months on and off before they actually came through at 9.5 months whereas Maria was born either two teeth in the gums (not cut through but very prominent)again she teethed on and off and her first teeth didn't pop through til 9 months so I'd say your little one is bang on the right age for it. it's a dreadful time for them(and you!) Marias still teething now at 14 months and these top ones have been the worst so far for her.cue sleepless nights and lots of crying. hope your lo's pop through quickly for you!!! xxx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou =)
Ive got some teething gel for her and got calpol on standby lol poor little thing! Please tell me it gets easier or is ut like this for every tooth?! Shocked
Xxx

lysianassa
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
Sebastian started at around 16 weeks I think but his first tooth didn't actually come through until he was 9 months old.

kelchatters
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
My little boy started teething at 4 months and got 2 teeth at 7.5 months, think he is teething again now at over 8 months. He suffered with dribbling, waking ALOT at night, generally not very happy. I used teething gel, Abesol and Ashton and Parsons teething powder, plus calpol when he got really bad. As soon as tooth come through he was a happy chappy again. I found we would have a good few days,then a few bad ones!!!

xxxx
MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:13 am 
Post subject:
My little girl was teething really early like 8wks then first tooth, well teeth, actually came through at 16wks.

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
i never knew they teethed so early!! Shocked she isnt too bad once shes got some gel on and had calpol..
This is off the subject a little but can babies have calpol and infacol around the same time??? dont want to be drugging her up! Confused Xxx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
Like the other lady said definite excessive dribbling, red cheeks and crying. Sometimes runny poos and a temp too. Once one come though they all seem to come. The first few are always the worst but yes, keep the calpol handy. Max has just started and as I remember Oliver going through it I can't say I'm looking forward to it!

Terri xx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Its awful to see them like it isnt it!! Sad
Im currently using dentinox teething gel which seems to be easing the pain.. thats when we can actually get it on her gums before getting our fingers licked off! Laughing Laughing
Xxx

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:44 am 
Post subject:
Jamie was showing the signs of teething by then but didn't get his first teeth until he just turned 5 months. He always does a load at once which is good. You can wet a cloth and give that to her to suck and that can help

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 am 
Post subject:
Ooh ok thankyou will try that Smile Xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular