warm home scheme

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:49 pm 
Post subject: warm home scheme
i dont know if anyone has heard of this, but people who are on benefits or a low income can get £130 off their winter electricity bill. so i phoned Npower and asked them about it and they said they are only offering it to people on out of work benefits, yet every other company on the scheme offers it to people on an income under £16190 with a child under 5. really peed off as even if i change suppliers i cant get it as you have to have been with the supplier since a certain cut off date Sad

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:04 pm 
Post subject:
Is it not through the government you apply for it? So its the govt that pay you the money, not the electricity company? Cos i find that very unfair! I would check it out and if not i'd really consider changing if it were me!

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
its a government backed scheme, but its paid by the utility companies so it is up to them to decide on the criteria.

im going to try again in a couple of weeks cos the woman said its not even live for this year yet, but my mom and my friend have applied for theirs

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh right, and sorry i just re read your post and realised you can't change lol but what if you changed to another company and then applied next year? Thats if you aren't successful when you try again with npower xx

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
How about just threatening to leave, I know when i want a certain phone for a certain price I always tell TMobile that I will leave when they say they can't do it, and then get a grovelling phone call from them the next day giving me what I want. Don't know if this will work with NPower but might be worth a try?

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
i've not heard of this before, will have to have a look

MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Is there an application form online as last year I didn't think we qualified but hubby filled in form anyways and we got it. So i've applied again this year. Someone told me of the online applicants only like 10% are actually checked to make sure they are elligible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular