Pooping

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:30 am 
Post subject: Pooping
Hello all...
Im currently breastfeeding and my lo doesn't poo for around 4-5 days! From the 3rd day until shes finally had a poo shes in so much pain screaming and is unconsolable.. All the health visitor has said is make sure her fluids are up, which i do as shes got plenty of wet nappies.
My cousins baby was allergic to something in the breastmilk..
Has anyone else got any advice/experience of this..
Thankyou Xxx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:17 pm 
Post subject:
i think its quite normal for b/f babies to not go every day, but she shouldnt be in pain with it.

some babies are lactose intolerant, but that usually gives them the runs.

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
Shes screaming with not going for a poo (tummyache).. Its heartbreaking!
Hv said just give water but its not working!! I bicycle her legs rub her tummy which helps ease pain and she trumps loads! But no poo =( i know breastfed babies tend to go days but surely theres something she can have to help!
Shes only 9 weeks old...
Xx

MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
Aww my little boy was a bit like this, he didn't poo for 10days once. I used to have to really push his legs up towards his head to open his bum up a bit and that would help get the poo out. Not nice and don't know if its dr recommended but it deff helped when he just couldn't get it out himself.
Also could you try some orange juice mixed with water or prune juice, those are supposed to help bowel movements

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

It is normal for breastfed babies to go for a while without pooing. I was told to give my baby cooled boiled water if he hadn't had one for a while. I doubt its the breast milk or even anything you are eating that is the problem as what passes into your breast milk is very minimal and diluted.

I don't want to concern you and I am probably wrong It may be worth taking baby to the Dr to make sure all babys workings are in order?

Terri xx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:30 pm 
Post subject:
WEll i first mentioned it to midwife then doctor (6week check) then on the 1st at health visitor and theyve told me about the boiled water but nothing seems to work.. Im going to book her in tomorrow because its just getting ridiculous! shes in so much pain with bellyache etc.. poor thing Sad
I think the breastfeeding thing my cousin had is pretty rare.. my nanna explained what lo is like and she said her daughter waas exactly the same! Shes on perscription milk now and much better.
Something needs to get sorted because its heartbreaking seeing her cry out in pain
Xxx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
Aww bless, I hope its sorted soon. Could it just be really bad wind? or is it definite straining?

Max sometimes goes red in the face and makes little squeaks when pooping but when he was between 3-5 months he did some major screaming but it was wind.

Terri xx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:52 am 
Post subject:
Well the last time she went was thursday and she was really straining going red the face and making growning noises.. Sad There wasnt half as much as usual (normally an explosion) and it was more firmer not hard but its normally really watering/runny..
Shes passing wind ok she trumps loads!! its as if shes constipated but when it does come its runny. So is she constipated? Confused
She does usually go 3-4 days and on the 4th day shes pretty bad but this time shes in an awful amount of pain and you cant settle her Crying or Very sad
Xxx

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 am 
Post subject:
Check with your HV if you can put a drop of oil in the cooled water. I was advised by my dr to put a drop of oil in my toddlers bottle when he was constipated. This might help your LO, just want you to first check whether you can do this with such a young baby. Good luck. xxx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
From what you are saying about the poo I really do doubt that its constipation as I think the stools would be firmer.

Trumping and burping can be the sign of bad wind though as thats the way of getting it out.

I'm no Dr though so you need to do what you think is best Smile

Terri xx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:04 am 
Post subject:
Thankyou Smile i took lo to the docs and hes gave her some lactulose so just waiting for it to happen now... Hopfully it will be soon Smile Xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular