jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:56 pm 
Post subject: Breast Cancer - Pay whilst on mat leave
Hi Ladies

Just after some advice.

I am currently on maternity leave from work, my son is 7 weeks old. Whilst I was pregnant I found a lump in my breast anyway to cut a long story short went to hospital on thursday had tests, scans a biopsy etc and it's a suspicious lump and have been given a MacMillan nurse so it looks like its probs cancer. I get results on Wednesday for sure.

Anyhow at my work we get 6 months full pay maternity leave and then 13 weeks SMP and then 13 weeks nothing. Just wondering if it does turn out to be cancer will my sick leave/pay start after my ordinary maternity leave has ended or will sick leave over ride the maternity leave? Sorry just trying to sort out practicalities in case it is cancer.

Thanks

EmzyLouPlusThree
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
I have no idea about the money sorry but just wanted to say i hope with all my heart that its not cancer and want to send a huge hug xx
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry hun i'm not sure, prob find the answer on the government website but i just wanted to say how sorry i am to hear what you've been dealing with and i really pray that you are given good news xxx

jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Emzylou. I think I have resigned myself to the fact that it is, as there were 3 docs when I went back in after the scan and a MacMillan nurse which no-one else seem to have! Hopefully if it is I have caught it early and it can be treated it sounded like it was when the docs were talking (what I can remember them saying) as they said something like we understand you have 2 small children and we will work your treatment around that so I'm pretty certain it is. Crying or Very sad xx

jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Jennah. Of course Directgov I will take a look. Why didn't I think of that - I used to work on that website lol xx

jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Jennah. Of course Directgov I will take a look. Why didn't I think of that - I used to work on that website lol xx

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
Really sorry to hear you're going through this! It seems they've managed to catch it in time

EmzyLouPlusThree
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
oh hun what awful timing with a new baby , will be thinking of you so keep us posted xx
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:45 pm 
Post subject:
Just wanted to say am thinking of you hun and I cant imagine how you must be feeling right now xx

jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies....

I'm not scared of the cancer or any of the treatments I will need. I am just scared of not seeing my babies grow up. Everytime I look at them I well up. Hopefully wednesday I can be more positive Confused

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
I don't know hun I just didn't want to read and run. I'm sorry. I hope its not but if it is we are all here to support you.

Terri xx

MummyStevens
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to read this , I hope and pray for you its not!!
i think you will carry on your maternity till the end, there is a benefit out there that is for people with illness and also you partner should be able to apply for carers allowance too. The mac millian nurses are really good and helpful my auntie had lung cancer and she ended up claiming for benefits she didnt even know she could claim for, they will be there to answer any questions you have ! Hope this helps a little. Xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:30 am 
Post subject:
Thinking of you an hoping wednesday brings good news xxx

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:20 am 
Post subject:
Sorry to read this, I hope Wednesday brings good news. Whatever news it brings it doesn't necessarily mean it will turn out 'bad'.
Thinking of you and praying for you. Big hug. xxx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 am 
Post subject:
i really hope its nothing. my mom found a lump in her breast and went to the doctor, wh thought it was probably a cyst, she had a scan and a biopsy and they decided to remove it for further testing. luckily it wasnt cancer, but they said it could have turned into cancer, and there is a chance she will get more, so she has to have regular mammograms.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular