Putting fires on

lysianassa
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 am 
Post subject: Putting fires on
Has anyone started to put their fires on yet? In my old house in Birmingham I never really had to put them on until December as it was very well insulated and the water pipes kept my floors really nice and warm, but in my house in Basingstoke I'm so cold I'm seriously thinking about putting my fire on! Shocked Is anyone experiencing the cold like here? [/quote]

NicolaOasis
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:33 am 
Post subject:
I dont have a fire but i have had my heating on for months, i live in Scotland and its been pretty chilly here for a while. Today when Aimee left for nursery, it was minus 2 !!!
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:38 am 
Post subject:
My heating has been on since the middle of September (not continuously obviously Laughing ).

I'm not very good when I'm cold so the heating has been on every night for the last 2 weeks and on my days off (dreading the heating bill already but I live in the bath this time of year so need the hot water on all the time and the heating.....is there anything worse than getting out of a hot bath in a cold bathroom??).

I think it starting to get colder earlier and earlier each now, it used to be Dec/Jan before we got snow but the last couple of years its been November time. Don't know how you Scots manage the winter Nicola, my mum is Scottish and the summers are cold enough haha, my cousin calls us her Southern Softies hahah!

xx
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:00 am 
Post subject:
O god I must be scrooge lol we haven't had our heating on at all yet and the fire is never really used, we are a mid terrace so scrounge the heat off the houses each side lol
Don't know how the hell we have to pay £150 a month gas and electricity our gas is never on!!xx

NicolaOasis
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 am 
Post subject:
thats quite alot of money Jennifer is you dont really put your heating on.

We pay £115 a month gas and £60 for electricity but my heating is on alot xx
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:45 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah its £70 gas and £80 elec a month, the onlything gas is heating/water!

When Archie was in hospital 3 years ago we got a letter saying we had so much in credit they were reducing the payments to £1 a month Shocked then when the credit had gone never put it back up, it was only last year that I got a letter saying we owed £1000 so what we pay now is paying the debt off and our bill, got most of the debt scrapped though as they are supposed to review accounts every 6 motnhs and they didnt review ours for over 18 months.

TBH I don't think we opened letters for over 8 months while Archie was in hospital! Just let direct debits keeping the house going lol! xx

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
We have a log burner and have been lighting it since September!! x
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah we have had a good few peat and coal fires brrrrrr
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:30 pm 
Post subject:
my heating comes on before we gte up in the morning as i hate getting out of a warm bed into a cold room. then on an evening when i feel cold. sometimes its when i get back from work and other times not until around 6.

I only pay £81 gas and electric and that includes arrears.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
I've been putting my heating on for a couple of months now but same as Nicola, i'm in Scotland. But i only usually need mine on for an hour at most before i need to turn it off as my flat gets so hot. I have flats on one side and above and below so am getting heat that way too lol

Also i only pay £71 a month for gas and electricity together. How the heck do you all have such high bills? Shocked i thought mines was bad enough lol x

lysianassa
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
At the moment my electricity and gas comes together at £65 a month but that's not with my heating on. Mind you I have my little halogen heater and i find that's really cheap to run and produced more heat than my old electric fire

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Our Log Burner was lite tonight. First time George has seen it since he was tiny and he was mesmerized.
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
omg my gas & electricity costs me £140 per month!! Shocked
we're on a stupid meter for both and we put £20 a week on electric & £15 a week on gas.

with me not working tho (at the moment, and soon to change!!) there is electricity on all day every day in our house!! and this time of year my heating goes on around 7am and goes off at 10.30pm!!!!!!! im terrible for the cold.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular