Is this normal?

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:44 am 
Post subject: Is this normal?
Ive recently moved to a new area and so have registered with a new doctors surgery.

At 8am this morning I had a phone call from the Health visitor saying that she wanted to see me and 'my child' (didnt refer to him by name)

Anyway this is the conversation

me: can I come in when clinic is on

her: yes, this friday is good but you must come before clinic starts

me: I cant do this friday, can I come next week?

her: no Im away, do you work?

me: no Im expecting another baby in February

her: right well in that case I suggest I come to your house so I can do an antenatal check

me: oh, well I have a scatty dog so I would like to arrange for him not to be here so when will that be

her: I dont care about dogs I can do Tuesday next week at 9am

me: Harry doesnt get up early so 9 is not acceptable

her: fine 10 then

me: ok

Anyway, my questions are, why because I am pregnant does it make it necessary for her to come to my house? Is it normal for them to want to meet us seperately rather than go to clinic? Why is she doing an antenatal check when I have a midwife (although she is as useful as a choccy fireguard as she hasnt phoned me following my message 3 weeks ago)

DH is just getting a bit worked up cause he thinks she is coming to check up on us or tell us we are [*@!#%*] parents etc (although we arent I assure you, he is just paranoid)

Sorry for rambling, Im just confused

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:25 am 
Post subject:
Seems a bit odd, but probably just one of those box-ticking exercises they have to do for people new to the area. I shouldn't worry too much.

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:33 am 
Post subject:
I probably wouldnt have considered it odd if she hadnt asked where I lived and also the fact she didnt know Harrys name Question Seeing as she would have been able to see our details on her screen.

I might just call the surgery and check all is in order cause she didnt even give me her name, just said she was the health visitor

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
In my area HV do checks if the home of pregnant women but that us usually around 32 to 36 weeks pregnant!
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
when i moved my new HV phoned and said they do a home visit for new patients (im sure its so they can do a home safety check).

when i was pregnant i just got a letter from the HV saying to pop in and see her at clinic when i was visiting the mw.

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:06 pm 
Post subject:
HV now do antenatal checks from last year-ish. I have a really good relationship with my HV and she mentioned she was going to do one this time. Also with being with a new HV team I know they like to introduce themselves as I moved to another area and she came out to see me. I've always been lucky with my HVs though as they've been really nice.

fifitrixibelle
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
I think it's standard don't worry. they do home visits especially if you've just moved to the area. I'm due one as I've just moved areas too and they said in new GPS surgery that it was standard practice to have a home visit with the hv when you love. xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular