Cows milk?

Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:12 pm 
Post subject: Cows milk?
Hi ladies, my little boy has been n solids for about 2 weeks now....giving him porridge in the morning made with his formula milk, am I right in thinking that from 6 months you can cook meals with cows milk? Like sauces etc? Can I make his porridge up with cows milk? I know you wouldn't think I've done all this before! Can't remember if I'm right though...and never find the time to read up on my books like I did first time around Laughing

Also, just started giving him lunch, just a home cooked recipe from annabel karmel puréed.

When would you give 3 meals per day? About 7 months?

Oh and one more question, how much formula should he be having now?

Thanks Very Happy
Katie

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
depends on who you speak to! my HV said to use cows milk in food from 6 months, and then switch to cows milk as a drink at 1. but another HV said i should have given her toddler milk, and 2 of my friends were horrified that i was giving cows milk in food at 6 months, as they were told not at all before 1, and then to slowly wean in case of allergy.

my HV said once they were on 3 meals (around 6/7 months) to start dropping bottles, aiming for morning, bedtime and maybe an afternoon one, but Sam preferred a mid morning bottle, but by 9 months she had 2 x 8oz.

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:08 am 
Post subject:
Yeah now they tell you to give them cows milk from 6 months with food. Its only drinking that they need to be on breast milk or formula because cows milk doesn't have the right nutrional stuff.

I was told that up to 1 year they need 21oz a day. Pointless thing to tell me as I breast fed but that's the advice they give now. The whole weaning advice with allergies has changed because of baby led weaning (or with rather than because). They can have anything now other than honey, whole nuts and a couple of things like that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular