When would you remommend introducing a rusk or rice?

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:41 am 
Post subject: When would you remommend introducing a rusk or rice?
Hi ladies,

I was wondering if someone can help me. Jacob is 15 weeks on Sat & we are starting to have problems with his feeding.

He is bottle fed & had been since he was born but he just doesnt seem satisfied anymore. He has 6 ozs most feeds and when he has about an hr and a hlf before his next feed he wants feeding again. We have changed his formula to hungry baby & it doesnt appear to be working either.

Is 3 1/2 months too early to start contemplating about introducing a rusk or rice as I want Jacob to be satisfied & he is now waking up several times in the night for feeds & hasnt done that since he was 5 weeks old.

Also Jacob is so constipated at the moment as he is on a iron suppliment and the doc has given him lactolose but it gives jacob really bad wind, water doesnt seem to work either. Sad

I just want my baby boy to be satisfied and comfortable..

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated Smile xx

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
Its really common for them to go through a growth spurt and eat more at this age. I bf but my lo was pretty much permanently attached at this time and then settled down again. You would be better off giving him more milk each feed than food. The current guidelines are not before 6 months and I'd say talk to a health professional if you want to do it before that

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply, I have been doing a bit of reading today & I think your right and he is having a growth spurt. How he is acting is out of character for him and the different signs are there for him having a growth spurt ie napping alot, drinking more than usual, being grizzly and waking up several times in the night for a feed when he usually wakes up once and sleeps a hell of a lot longer than he is...The last time that I remember him being like this was when he was 1st born. Its so hard to know what is up with them as they cant tell you bless them...Smile xx

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
I know. I remember sitting in tears (with baby attached to boob) and posting on a baby website around this time. My lo had never gone more than two hours without a feed anyway and was feeding even more. Afterwards he did start to go longer between feeds though. I think 17 weeks is the earliest they say you should give them any food

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular