Poo!

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:34 pm 
Post subject: Poo!
Or lack of it!

Josh ahd a six day strike on pooing last weeks which started getting worrying when his fontanelle became sunken too (but luckily turned out to be nothing to worry about) but then he pooed twice on the sixth day, then once the next day, but now he is on day three of the next poo strike! Do you think i should be worried? HE is 7 weeks old tomorrow.

Its annoying because he was really unsettled and then pooing seemed to make him content for the first time properly since he was a bout two weeks but now he is back to his moody grizzly self and feel really rather sorry for him.

He is breastfed so i feel he should be pooing a bit more. I just wonder could there be some kind of digestive problem? Won't do anything yet, but if he still hasnt pooed by the end on the long weekend, do you think i should go to the docs or just put it down to him being susceptible to constipation?

Your thoughts appreciated,

MAndy xx
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
George was like this. HV told me normal for breastfed Babies to go for up to a week without a poo as milk is so digestible. She said if poo is not hard then not constipated. I used to think he was uncomfortable though. I found the tummy massage they taught at baby massage really helped. There are videos on you tube apparently. Now he is on solids he is much more regular.
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
Cool, thanks for that claire.

Will stop worrying, but he def is uncomfy. Have tried tummy rubbing but not helped all that much.

So last time not constipated then as all liquid when it did make an appearance!

Just not used to this as with my eldest, she seemed to poo about 5 times a day! Or more! Also breast fed!

Mandy xx
carrieandalaina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:29 pm 
Post subject: Did your baby get better?
My newborn (5 weeks) hasn't pooped at all today, and it is the first time since she was born that she hasn't. She is screaming constantly, seems in pain and has not slept in 5 hours (very unusual for her). It seems like we've tried everything (bicycling, "situps", rubbing tummy, laying her on our knees, burping her, etc.) I'm not sure what to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular