Graco pushchair straps

Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:24 am 
Post subject: Graco pushchair straps
I'm having trouble with the shoulder straps on my graco pushchair as they only just fit around my 6 month old baby (he's average size). I'm concerned that in a couple of months that the pushchair will be too small for him but its supposed to last him until he's around 3 years old.

Does anybody have any advise? Is their something I need to adjust? 
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
which straps? the one that go over his shoulders or the ones that go round his waist?

with the shoulder straps you can move them into the next hole up (extremely awkward) and that lengthens them. i didnt use mine much after she was 8/9 months old but i did use it in the winter when she was just over 1 with a liner in and there was plenty of room.

you can also lengthen the waist straps.

i dont have mine anymore so cant have a look to advise you better.

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:48 pm 
Post subject:
You know - I am in the same situation! I have a Graco Mosaic and I cannot figure for the life of me how to move the straps up - it is so annoying! There is the holes to do so but no actual way to do it! :S I'd be interested to see if anyone had a magic solution here! Smile
My son is 6m and we don't want to get another pram as we're getting a double in a few months time... so there's no point!
Sad x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
if i remember the shoulder straps clip onto the clip where you fasten it around them. you need to unlip this and feed the straps back through the holes then up into the next one. the fiddly bit is getting the clip through the hole.

theres a manual here, maybe it will help

http://www.graco.co.uk/cdetail.php?catCode=51

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
actually looking at the manual i now stand corrected. behind the seat there is a plastic 'buckle' that stops the straps sliding through the holes. you need to feed it back through to the front of the seat and then put it back through the next hole up.

much easier said then done Laughing

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
Oooh - cripes - I think I may have to get OH involved because I remember threading the straps through but being unable to thread them where they needed to go because the hole was through a plastic board that didn't allow for the clips to go through no matter which way I tried...
Smile Thanks for the help though Steph - I shall arm hubby with the link and tell him to fix it! Smile x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:40 am 
Post subject:
MingoMayo wrote:
Oooh - cripes - I think I may have to get OH involved because I remember threading the straps through but being unable to thread them where they needed to go because the hole was through a plastic board that didn't allow for the clips to go through no matter which way I tried...
Smile Thanks for the help though Steph - I shall arm hubby with the link and tell him to fix it! Smile x

yep thats it Very Happy i ended up getting a knife to push them through, although I was on the verge of just cutting the hole to get it through Laughing

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:02 pm 
Post subject:
*pants*
Confused

I DID it! Smile Wow that took some fiddling and squashing!

In the end I found it easier to thread the straps backwards through the back of the seat, then rethread forwards through the new holes. I also foundn it easier to make sure I pushed the plastic rectangle bits on the straps through sideways so they went longways through the holes, rather than trying to fit them though widthways.

Thanks for all your help Steph - finally my littley won't look so squashed! Won't be long before I have to do it again for the third setting! Rolling Eyes

xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular