So scared :( ***UPDATE pg5

xFayeGotBabyDustx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:53 am 
Post subject: So scared :( ***UPDATE pg5
Hi all,

I found a lump in my breast about a month ago, I kept an eye on it because I wanted to see if it changed during my cycle (you know how your breasts can be more lumpy etc when your ov'ing or on af) but it didnt change at all, so I went to the doctors on Thursday. I was really hoping the doctor would say there's nothing there or it's normal etc, but when she felt it she said "oh yes defintely something there" Sad

She has referred me now to the breast clinic for further investigations on it. I'm absolutely petrified. My brother died of cancer aged 26 9 years ago, so because of this she is rushing my app through so should be seen within the next 2 weeks.

I don't know what to do with myself Sad I feel awful for putting my parents through this worry again, their world was turned upside down when we lost my brother. I know it's not my fault but I feel so guilty for some reason.

Has anyone had a lump and it turned out to be normal/nothing ? I need some positive thinking because at the moment I'm thinking the worst Sad

Sorry for such a gloomy post xxx

Last edited by xFayeGotBabyDustx on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
awwww hun Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad im not going to say dont worry because u obviously are worried! I dont know what to say, but didnt wanna read and run! Hope u get sorted quickly, it could just be a cyst and u have found it early as well. Fingers crossed for u!
ps also ur parents wont want u to feel guilty, its nothing u can control Sad xx
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
my mom had a lump, which the doctor thought was a cyst, but she went for a mammogram and they did a biopsy, and decided to remove it. they said it wasnt cancer but could have turned into cancer, and there is a chance that she will get more, so will have to have regular screening.

from what iv heard from other people the NHS are really on the ball with breast lumps and get people rushed through quickly. my mom saw the doctor on the thursday had the mammogram on the monday and had the lump removed within 2 weeks.

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun- I found one shortly after my son was born - and have to go back in 2 weeks to have it looked at again before they choose whether to send me for a scan or not...

They said it could well be because I am breastfeeding, or because of my recent pregnancy - and now I am pregnant again so it could be that it changes again Smile

I hope your mind is put to rest hun *hugs* they'll look after you well and make sure all is ok xxx

xFayeGotBabyDustx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your replies ladies, I'm trying to stay positive about it, I almost think surely it can't hit the same family twice.....but I know it does, I just want to go ASAP get whatever I need doing and get the results so I know either way, I hate not knowing!!

Xxx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I found a lump in my jaw and put off going to the dr for a long time, may be as long as a year and it turned out to be nothing.

My hubby found something on his back too and it just turned out to be a fatty lump.

May be leave off telling you parents until you are in the clear or in the event you have something to tell them?

Terri xx

ladygaga
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
I can totally sympathise whole heartedly with you, I found lumps (glands) in my armpit, groin and neck so they sent me for bloods to test for luekemia,then talked about testing for lymphoma. I was petrified the whole wait and its awful. It was ok and im sure you will be too. My sister found a lump in her breast (breast cancer in our family) and it was a cyst. We convince ourselves of the worse, try and keep busy and distracted. If your feeling fit and well then look at the positive side of that x

bunnymama
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:08 pm 
Post subject:
oh faye so sorry to hear this, i had a lump a few years ago the doc said it was and had it investigated but she thought it was a cyst, how does it feel x
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:10 pm 
Post subject:
oops meant to say mine turned out to be a cyst. x
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:19 am 
Post subject:
Faye, it could be something and nothing flower, i really hope its not anything nasty xx
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
I've got a lump in my boob and its nothing. The doc said its fine and it feels very hard and round. Hope yours is nothing serious x

KathG
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hello I had a breast lump a few years ago. I started off the size of a two pence piece but grow quite big and I had it removed - only because it was getting a bigger and they thought it would be easier to take it out then incase it got even bigger and would become harder to remove. It was only a day surgery operation and was painless. Not had any bother since and the lump was totally harmless. Fingers crossed yours will be the same. I know its easy for me to say but try not too stress to much you are doing the right thing and getting it checked out. good luck xxx

[/url]
Tillysmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:37 am 
Post subject:
Faye

Hope all is okay, difficult time but try not to worry.
Terina xx
BabyMilly
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:27 am 
Post subject:
I know loads of ladies who've found lumps and been referred to the breast clinic , going to the breast clinic is the only way they can see what it is. The GP would never have a guess about a lump so dont be afraid that youve been referred. Much more often than not these lumps are something than other cancer such as cysts. I know you're worried but remember the odds are it'll be something completely harmless. Good luck with your appointment xxx
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:43 am 
Post subject:
My DD got referred to the breast clinic last year at just 18 , as someone else said the GP will refer rather than take a guess as they do tests at the breast clinic even if they think it is nothing to worry about Smile
, the clinic here is a one stop system so they did a scan and a needle biopsy and the results came back a couple of hours later so we knew the same day everything was ok,
lumps are incredibly common and most of the time especially in young women they just hormonal,
hers were called fibroadenomas ,which are very common and progesterone can make them grow so a lot of women notice them either while pregnant or after having a baby or when on hormonal contraception ,
she had the implant which she was told she should get removed and the doc said they see a lot of women with these lumps which are totally harmless and unless they grow very large (about 4cms and over) they tend to leave them alone , so it could well be something like that Question
My Mum and my sis both had scans after finding lumps as well and theirs were just fluid filled cysts which didn't need treating and went away on their own, they're very common in women in their late 30's early 40's again probably because of hormonal changes, sometimes if they're large or uncomfortable they will drain them though
Most breast lumps in younger women are harmless though so the odds of it being nothing to worry about are good Smile (not that it stops you worrying I know ) xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular