Find out gender or not???

amyxpearce
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm 
Post subject: Find out gender or not???
Hi everyone!

I'm wanting some advice from people who haven't found out gender of one baby and have found out gender of other baby.

I didn't find out my first baby's gender and it was the most amazing feeling ever when the mw held her up and we saw she was a girl. My hubby would like to find out gender this time around and I'm feeling a bit unsure about what I want to do. I don't want to miss out on that amazing feeling again but what's to say it won't still be just as amazing knowing the baby's gender!

Help Surprised)

Amy x
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:50 pm 
Post subject:
we found out with our second purely to get organized. with what would would have to buy clothes wise and painting babys room. still magical when you meet them whether you know or not. you could always get the person doing your scan to write down babys sex ( thats if they play along and let them have a peek!!) and put it in an envelope and only open it if and when you both feel you want to know.

toots99
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
We found out with out first and it was lovely she had a name before she was born with my son we didn't well the hospital don't tell you and it was fantastic. My husband told me this time and it was truly magical. This time we couldn't find out either and I'm glad I'm not sure I could not find out if they offered it but I'm glad we can't Very Happy
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your replies everyone. Toots would you say not knowing gender made the birth even more magical? x
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
It was truly magical my hubby telling me. Yes I think it was I'm not saying I ever regrated finding out with dd but know I've done it this way not sure I would want to find out Very Happy
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't find out and the suspense and build up was so exciting as we had even longer to wait. I think we will do the same with baby number two, although it is so difficult to decide we might change our minds Smile

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
I can't comment too much as I found out with both mine.

I really wanted to find out with the second more for preparation reasons lol. We'd kept everything from our first son...clothes, the lot. So we found out this time we're expecting a girl and we've managed to get sorted and keep the stuff we need and sell/pass on the stuff we don't as theres no way i'd have the time to do it when baby arrives Smile
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
I found out with my first and it was lovely buying lots of pink things and getting ready, giving her a name and bonding, then I had 2 mc, when I had my second I chose a surprise and was amazed I had another girl, the elation I felt was amazing as I was convinced I was having a boy, ( secretly wanted another girl!!!).
I also wanted DH to tell me the sex, he told me she was a boy as she was so swollen and he didn't look properly! Midwife soon corrected him lol xxxx

We're TTC at the moment and I'm undecided about finding out the sex again! Xx

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:58 am 
Post subject:
I found out with Harry and wanted to find out this time too but cord was between legs and they couldnt tell me so we are having a suprise! i am really impatient and have days where i think i just want to no lol! i liked being organised with Harry but i cant be as organised this time! xx
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:42 am 
Post subject:
I didn't find out with Emilia and plan not to find out this time too. My hubby told me that we'd got a girl when she was born and it was so special I had an idea that she was a girl but was amazed when she actually was! I've got loads of neutral baby clothes for the first few weeks and baby's got its own room anyway. Everybody bought us pink clothes once Emilia was born so she wasn't in neutral stuff for long and they knew exactly what to buy for her! We've got 2 definite names picked out - one boy name, one girl name so that's sorted we just need to find out what flavour bubba is at the birth x x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular