What would you do?

Amymel86
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:51 am 
Post subject: What would you do?
Hi Ladies

I wanted to get your opinions on something...

I’m not currently pregnant and we have suffered 3 miscarriages (all before 12 weeks). We will have tests done at the end of November to see if there is a reason for our losses or if we have just been unlucky.

My question is - a family member has offered for me to borrow her foetal heart monitor/Doppler for the next pregnancy...... now, would you take it?

I kind of want to because for the last pregnancy we lost the baby at 9 weeks but we didn’t know until we went for the 12 week scan. If I had the Doppler then I would have probably had some sort of warning. But I’m sure I will become obsessive in using it and I don’t want to worry myself unnecessarily.

I know that they scan you more if you have a history of miscarrying but I also know that I will get worried between each scan – if I can hear the baby’s heartbeat at home then that should put me at ease.

What would you do?
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
The question has to be 'what do you want to do?' Everyone is totally different, personally I had the opportunity to use one but I didnt, but then I'm not in your situation. If you feel it gives you some peace of mind and it will help then take it. If you think it may be too much or you might get a bit worried using it, then perhaps its not the best idea. Di what you feel is right and good luck xxx

littleted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
I had two m/c both at 9 weeks and bought an angelsounds - I did wonder whether it would make me paranoid but to be honest, I couldn't hear anything until after the early scan anyway (I asked for 9 weeks as this was the danger zone) and by the time I could really hear I was feeling little flutterings anyway so knew all was well. I've still got it and I think if I got pg again I wouldn't bother with it. There were a few times we couldn't find the heartbeat, but once you've found it for the first time then it's only a matter of a few hours later and trying again to find it, but those few hours involved a lot of flapping around and a bit of crying. Maybe better to save the money and leave it - once you get past the 9 weeks you'll feel safer anyway.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular