'Sticky Blood' Tests???

Amymel86
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:09 pm 
Post subject: 'Sticky Blood' Tests???
Hi ladies

In a few weeks I will be going through the investigations for recurrent miscarriages, one of which I understand is for ‘sticky blood syndrome’ (I know it has a fancy name but I can’t remember what it is).

I know that if we were to fall pregnant before the tests for sticky blood then the results would be void because the pregnancy hormones would interfere – so we are currently not TTC.

What I wanted to ask was, is it a case of just ONE blood test for this? I have read something on the internet that said that I would then need a second blood test 6 weeks after the first to confirm the results... if this is true then that means that we would have to consider not TTC until the new year!! I would find this extra wait really difficult!

Thank you in advance for any replies!
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
I've just come back on askbaby - I didn't have the tests for sticky blood but decided to take the low dose aspirin anyway - my GP told me not to as I hadn't had the tests but I was desperate. Have you had the tests yet?
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
this is two blood test over six weeks although you will only be called back for the second if you have tested positive for the first. to be quite honest with you, you are better holding off TTC until all test have been done and save some of the heart ache from losing little ones. I had to have three blood test as the first one was Positive second one was neg and the third one was positive. I have been told i have antiphosholipid syndrome. spelt wrong sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular