:( devastated

XfionaX
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:35 pm 
Post subject: :( devastated
Hi ladies,

I'm so up and down, I started spotting last Monday, had some tenderness on one side so gp sent me straight to epau for an emergency scan as he was concerned it was an ectopic, I had an internal scan, they could see a 'very small pregnancy' around 4-5 weeks, I sort of knew then as I know my dates and I was 6 weeks.

Anyway they took bloods and said they would keep an eye on me, back in 2 days for more bloods, then again Friday.....here are my results
Mon-247
Wed-318 ( a glimmer of hope!)
Fri-158. I was devastated, I have had 2 previous miscarriages and really thought I had a sticky bean. I was told they wanted to see me again Sunday for more bloods, my results Sunday were 100, in purse said they should be lower so I now have to go back Thursday for another scan and more bloods.....

It just seems never ending Sad

I had some bleeding for the last 2 days, no clots or tissue passed and now the bleeding seems to have stopped, I also have no pain, I'm just so confused as this is nothing like my last two, I am worried it may be ectopic now as its just so different.
I am hoping I get some proper answers Thursday

Thank you for reading, sorry its so long xxxxx

lysianassa
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Fiona,

Did they say where the pregnancy was located? Was it in the uterus or outside? The fact that your hcg levels are dropping is looking good. The bleeding and the fact that its stopped, i will be honest, sounds as exactly what i had with my ectopic last year - I bled the Thursday night and had nothing the next day but my cervix was still closed. I know that there are cases where an ectopic pregnancy will fail and slowly come away naturally. It's good that they are scanning you and taking your hcg levels every 48 hours. What time is your appointment on Thursday?

XfionaX
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for replying.

They could see a sac at the very top of my uterus but also said they couldn't rule out ectopic so I'm in limbo. My scan is at 11.45, I've also got no pain so I really do not know what to think anymore Rolling Eyes

It's just a waiting game now to see what Thursday brings x

lysianassa
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
It sounds good then that the pregnancy was located at the top of the uterus and that you've got no pain. The night i had bleeding I started getting a few twinges of pain but it didn't really hit until the following Saturday when it started really hurting. How far along should you be? If you start getting pains then you need to go straight into hospital no matter what.

XfionaX
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:05 pm 
Post subject:
I was 6 weeks when they scanned me first time, she said the pregnancy was 4-5 weeks but I knew my dates were right Sad still only a bit of blood and no pain, will see what the scan tomorrow brings, it's silly but I know it won't really hit me till tomorrow, I think I am still hoping for a miracle Sad

Xxx

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
Really sorry to hear thar hun Sad

lysianassa
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
It didn't really hit me until I had my last scan which confirmed that it was ectopic, but until then I was hoping that it was a miracle. The thing is, is that miracles do happen. It may not be an ectopic but it is a possibility that you have to be prepared for although I really hope its just a slow miscarriage for you (instead of an ectopic).

IF it is an ectopic pregnancy, don't be afraid to ask them questions and make sure you understand fully what they tell you. So many of us on here have lost our tubes because the stupid doctors don't do anything quick enough.

Let me know how you get on tomorrow.

XfionaX
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
It's definitely not ectopic, tubes are clear so that's good.

Stupid insensitive nurse said I was 'lucky' as I have had a complete miscarraige with minimal pain and bleeding, I was quite surprised when the scan showed nothing and a very thin lining as I've hardly passed anything, when I questioned it she told me I was 'lucky' to have had it easy....

Thankfully the next nurse I saw was completely lovely, took my bloods and I'm waiting for her to call to discharge me. She had a lovely chat with me and put my mind at rest, she said when I feel ready to try again they will be there to support me, and be able to offer me an early scan and blood tests so that was lovely to hear.

It has really hit me today, now it's finally confirmed, still feel quite numb and every so often I just find myself crying....I know I can get through this, I have done it before....

As for trying again, I just don't know if I can bear the heartache of another miscarraige. I suppose its too early to even think about it....

Sorry it's so long, once I started I couldn't stop!!

lysianassa
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
It's fantastic news that its not ectopic - that's got to be a load off your mind.

I know it sounds cruel and heartless but its better to experience a miscarriage than an ectopic - I've had both and I would much rather have another miscarriage than another ectopic. I have had six miscarriages, most of which consisted of heavy bleeding but I did have one which was much lighter.

Are they going to keep doing your bloods until they reach 0? Or will they not do that?

Once you've had an answer I think its only then that it really hits you. All the emotions that you store up within yourself, that you confine to the back of your mind to get you through the long hours until you get that answer, just lets released. Just let yourself feel them, its nothing to be ashamed about. Its a heartbreaking time and you need to grieve otherwise you never get past that period to even think about trying again. Don't think about trying, just grieve for yourself and you'll know what you want to do when you're ready.

But no matter what, I'm glad that you've not had an ectopic pregnancy, trust me when I say that its not an experience that I would wish on my worst enemy.

Big hugs and if you ever want to rant, scream or cry on a shoulder just give me a shout

XfionaX
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for replying.

Yes they are doing bloods, she was concerned as on Sunday they were 100 and today 68 so not dropped enough, back in a week for another test...just hope they have dropped enough so I can be discharged.

It's horrible that the EPAU is located in the maternity unit, every time I go I see either pregnant ladies or family's taking their babies home Sad

Fingers crossed that next week will be my last visit.
Thank you for your support.
So sorry for your losses xxxx

lysianassa
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 pm 
Post subject:
Its good that they are keeping an eye on you, I've heard so many women who are just fobbed off by doctors (typically male ones at that Mad )

I know what you mean about the EPU. When I had to go to the hospital for my miscarriages the EPU and waiting area for the maternity section was right next to each other so you saw the big pregnant bellies, which does not help you at all. Crying or Very sad

Can I ask you, have they suggested any tests as to why this has happened?

Try to rest as much as you can this week.

XfionaX
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:33 am 
Post subject:
They are not going to test as my 'pattern' does not label me as reacurring miscarraige, I had a healthy baby, then 2 miscarriages, 2008 & 2009, healthy baby 2010' then miscarraige 2012.

She said I would be well looked after if I chose to try again but no testing to see why?

She said we know you can carry to term and have 2 lovely children so testing isn't necessary. I know thems the rules but I think I should have been offered some kind of testing.

Will be going 'au natural" next time I TTC, no ov kits, no stress and I'm not spending a fortune on pg tests! Easy to say now Rolling Eyes

Xxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular