how to stop being walked all over?

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:23 pm 
Post subject: how to stop being walked all over?
I will try and keep this brief but lately I have noticed so many people taking advantage of me and totally walking all over me.
I dont want to confront them because I hate that and like to try and be easy going and relaxed with friends and family but I think its gone too far and its starting to really upset me.
Any tips?
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
I can really relate to this, I would say just cut the people that walk all over you out of your life.

I have slowly done this and I am much happier as I have nobody that uses me or takes the mickey now. You only get walked all over if you let people. Those people who walk all over you are usually fickle people that will go on behaving like that towards everyone they meet so cutting them out means they cant do it to you.

Trust me on this, there is no reasoning with people like this as I have tried many times!

I would rather have 1 or 2 great friends that know how to have a 2 way relationship than a load of selfish acquaintances that take the mickey. You will feel much more lonely having horrible people in your life.. well that's what I've found and for the first time in my life I feel completely fulfilled. I say do the same and you might feel a bit sad at first but you will soon realise that you will be surrounded by amazing people that actually care rather than those selfish ones you don't need.

Life is way to short and it doesn't last forever so why fill it with people you don't like just to keep everyone happy. If they ask why you don't talk anymore just drop them a text explaining what they have done to upset you, there's no confrontation in a text and it means you don't have to face them Smile

Hope you get it sorted! xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
Maybe do the occasional refusal of requests - not all but one or two, saying that you are busy, and also cancel a couple of occasions so that people realise that you should not be 'relied' upon all the time. This will soon pass on to others that you have your own life and mind and cannot do everything for others.

I used to volunteer to help people out and drive folks about thinking that when karma comes, one day I may need help. 7 years ago I became seriously ill and unable to drive for 6 months... only a handful returned my 'kindness' and helped me and gave me company when I couldn't go out, was in hispital or needed a lift to anywhere. I have distanced myself away from them and never offered anything which goes out my way to them again as I have realised it was a one way friendship. It hurts, but as avasmummy says, it does make you a happier person in the end

xx

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, I cant type much at the mo but it helps to know I am not the only one who has been taken advantage of sooo many times!
I am pleased your both happier after reducing/cuttong out the users!
I am defo going to start avoiding / refusing the [*@!#%*] starting from...NOW!
Thanks
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
All you have to tell yourself is "I only get one life" thats the reality of it. If you always make decisions based on that, you shouldnt have any regrets. Hope you feel better soon xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular