Which to try first?

AliJo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:34 pm 
Post subject: Which to try first?
My baby's 7 months old and I still swaddle and feed her to sleep for naps and at bedtime. I don't know which to do first, try putting her down sleepy but awake and swaddled, or wean her from swaddling but still feed her to sleep. Im also not sure how to go about it as I dont want to leave her to cry. She's a very wriggly baby and usually gets an arm out during the night and can't go back to sleep so I don't think eithers going to be easy. I'm also concerned that when I go back to work in a couple of months, my hubby who'll be looking after her during the day, won't be able to get her to sleep.
gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:31 pm 
Post subject:
I think try without feeding to sleep first as she will still have the comfort of the swaddle when going off to sleep.

Having tried controlled crying (it works but is horrid) i can see why you would not want to leave her to cry and nor should you have to, however, i think that as it has gone to 7 months now you will be lucky if the transistion is made wihtout any tears.

MingoMayo was advised on self soothing when she was getting her son to come off feeding so often at night time. She may well be able to help.

I think you rpobs will have to accept some tears though, but its not forever and she will get ther eventually.

Mandy x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular