to start ivf in january!

XXMrsSXX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:48 pm 
Post subject: to start ivf in january!
Well ladies went in to appt feeling great.... came out crying!! Sad firstly my AMH came back at 36, which is apparently what they expected for a person with PCOS,(although as far as i was concerned i didnt actually have the syndrome??!) then they went on to say my oh sperm result wasnt as good as previous test so they will have to do IVF with ICSI Sad which i can handle but to me i just feel that we didnt really have 'much' of a problem and then all of a sudden my bloods are [*@!#%*] and his swimmers dont swim well and they wont do it till january!! which is another 3 months away, not to mention they want me to come off nights untill after treatment and eat every 3 hrs to try shift weight, and exercise 30 mins a day!! im lucky if i get a break at all normally in a 12 hr shift! Sad Sad i just feel like it will never happen and i actually cried today, my oh didnt know what to do as i sobbed the whole way home! dont get me wrong, i feel very very grateful we will have this opportunity i just feel like all the time that goes by my blood work and symptoms seem to get worse!! Sad anyone any suggestions to help? ive been told i will have the short protocol though.
Louise x
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:17 am 
Post subject:
Ar hun am sorry you hot some bad results but try not to let it get you down you will get there in the end Very Happy
We will probably starting treatment around the same time? We had all the things done we needed to about 4 weeks ago and we whrer told no later than 12 weeks for results and a decision if we get it, I on a rapid health kick trying to get my weight down as I put a few pounds on while away all inclusive for 2 weeks haha!!!
Keep positive it's still not long till then which also means it might not be long till you get you long awaited bfp xx
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:27 pm 
Post subject:
i know, im on a health kick too, im feeling much better about it, i think i was just having one of those days!! i havent seen you on here for a while so i hope everyone has been good, sounds like it with the holiday and you having taken steps with treatment etc, would be brill for us to be buddies through ivf! Smile Smile xxxxx Very Happy
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
Just so busy with work being promoted is keeping me so busy it's all I think about Laughing it's good as its nice round be so busy abduction not think about ttc for a change! I just pray we get the go ahead if not will have to find the money and fund it ourselves! We may be just after Xmas we whrer told we would be get an app with the cons within 12 weeks to go over our results so I think they will then say ivf I just hope there isn't another wait after that! It's been 3 and a half years already Sad really hope we can be ivf buddies xxx
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:18 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, I think I will be joining you in January Smile I've just had my first negative ICSI and thought I would have to wait two cycles before I could try again which would be in 116 days plus for me as I only ov every two to three months plus your second af after a negative cycle is normally delayed by two weeks. Dr said today I could do back to back but I have decided to wait till my next af and to start them to give my ovarys time to recover from the egg collection. So looks like I will be starting mid January and can't wait! It will be nice to have a busy IVF thread again and I don't mean that it a bad way but there's only ever a handful of us Sad

Good luck to you both x x
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:37 am 
Post subject:
thats great!!!! Smile looking forward to having people to talk it thru with. Smile.... i was suppose to tell them when my december period is so i can go for a intial scan, so i can start injections in january, but im due 27-28th nov, do u think i should ring them anyway and see if they will do it then?? otherwise i think i'll be due my dec period slap bang in the middle of xmas and new yr and im worried the clinic will be closed? i may even start at the beginning of january? i just depends if i have a 'short' cycle i.e. 30days or long cycle which has been 36-37 days recently Question Question what do you think? xxxxx
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Im new to the forum!

Just phoned to make my appointment for January...I have to phone 21st December for my bloods and as its over xmas i might just have to pop onto one of the wards instead, so wouldnt worry about it being closed over xmas!

We also might have to try ICSI, but said they will decide on the day as i also have PCOS and partners sperm wasnt great on the second sample! Sad

So glad i found this site, my first IVF and havent really told many people so be nice to come on here with people in the same situation and have a chat!!

Faye
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:20 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome Faye, if you look further up this forum you will see an IVF thread which has many pages, this is where all us IVF ladies chat about our treatment, come and join us Smile

Labbt - You need to find out what their opening hours are over xmas. Maybe if your period is due then and you are doing short protocol they can give you all your drugs in advance so whenever you do have af you can start the injections yourself if they are closed that day.
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome to the forum Faye, as Alowicious said come join us on the ivf/icsi/fet thread Very Happy
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi sorry im Frenchie999 it wouldnt let me log back in so had to register again :/ oh well, ive popped on the other thread so will see u all there Smile thank u x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular