next ivf appt 17th!!

XXMrsSXX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:16 pm 
Post subject: next ivf appt 17th!!
Hey ladies, so we got our next appt thru to see the consultant on the 17th Oct!!! Smile very excited but dont know what to expect?? can anyone help? xxx Very Happy
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:52 am 
Post subject:
Hi .

I can't answer you question but wanted to wish you luck.

I'm currently doing iui at one hospital.

A couple of weeks ago I handed in the oh sample to a different hospital and we have our appointment with the dr on the 24th of oct to discuss what will work best for us .
I'm really excited and wish it would hurry up .... Though I believe the Ivf waiting list is approx 12 mths Sad
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:55 am 
Post subject:
Hey Labbttcno1, glad you got your appointment through. Things are probably a bit different where I live but on our first appointment the Dr went through all our medical history and then we worked out when my next af would be and decided when to start the IVF. She wanted me to do the short protocol so I guess whatever your medical situation is the Dr will decide which protocol is best (unless the clinic only does long??). LP is downregulating forat and then stimming the ovaries, SP is only stimming. Basiclly on my follow-up appointment a week later I was given my drug prescription and a demo how to do the shots myself (you may decide to have the nurse do them but if your not scared of needles them you will find them easy)and off I went. I had the nurse do the first shot to see how painful it was (it wasn't) and so I am doing the rest myself.
We also had to have HIV, hep A, B & C test, haemaglobin test and thats all I think.
I don't know what your situation is but if your DH has any probs he will have to do a sperm sample and they might freeze the sample after. If he doesn't have sperm then he will have a PESA/TESA biopsy done the same day as your egg collection and they will do IVF or icsi on it. Wishing you lots of luck x
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, thank u both for your replies.....
the clinic does both protcols, but im currently on the pill (trying to help my spots before my wedding in around 4 weeks time) and on the break atm and the appt was going to be in the middle of it so it would have been brill as i could have asked them if i was to continue it or not, only problem is they rang me on friday to change it to the week after grrr, so now im not sure what to do?? Shocked secondly, i have mild PCOS and DH is boderline normal, i just hope i can complete the cycle before xmas, so we are not waiting till the new year!!our refferal got sent in may!! Sad
We shall see what happens, i just want to start now! Smile
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Labttc, its good they do both protocols Smile I really don't know what to suggest about the pill maybe ask on the IVF thread (the long one) and see what everyone thinks, or call the clinic and ask what to do. I don't know if you need to have a withdrawal bleed from it or whether you just start DR mid packet or what - I've not been on the pill for 12 years!
Your appointment will soon be here! lots of luck x
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:39 am 
Post subject:
Hey good luck with your appointment today, let us know how it went x x
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
it was moved to the 23rd hun so will let you know then, im hopeful i can do this before xmas Smile xxxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular