Waking to play at 5am

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:47 am 
Post subject: Waking to play at 5am
Hi. Kerry refuses to sleep past 5am.... I can't do it anymore. Sunday I clicked that she sleeps alot in the day and maybe this was the problem.
At home she sleeps about 4-5 hours during day and at creche 6 hours. Since Sunday I decided to bring that back to 3 (if she let me), she slept 2 and half hours Sunday and Monday herself, no encouragement from me.
She goes to bed at 18:30 and passes out, but still wakes up at 5am ready to play.
I stopped her dummy about 3 weeks ago as she was constantly waking in the night for it - like every 20-30min... But the past few mornings when she has started to stir at 5am, I've gone in and given it to her, but it doesn't help, she just wakes up ready to play.
Last night I also gave her a massage, she slept better generally throughout the night, but come 5am...... play time Mommy!
Please help me figure out what is going wrong, I can't keep getting up at 5am.
I would like to put her to bed later, but she is soooo grumpy in the evenings I have to hold her until she goes to bed, plus DS is also grumpy and he gets put to bed at 19:30. I'm by myself (DH comes home late).
Thanks very much.
xxx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:50 am 
Post subject:
i would say make her bed time later, some babies only sleep 8-10 hours a night and maybe your daughter is one of them, therefore she needs a later bedtime, to stop the early wakes.

my daughter has only recently started going to bed before 7pm, as she as dropped naps, so needs more sleep at night. up until nearly the age of 2 she would go to bed between 7-8, and would only sleep til 6-half past.

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
Yup, I figured that's what I had to do. Sad Just don't know how with DS and DD being grumpy and tired at same time. Hard to bath DS and give him his bottle when she is screaming her head off... Oh well, hopefully she will sleep less at creche today and end the day at creche with a nap, so she is fresh when she comes home. Then I will try and keep her awake till 19:00 or 19:30.
xxx

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
my son is nearly 3yr and he goes to bed at 7pm wakes up at 11pm wanting to play, til 3:30am, it aint fair on us or our daughter when we are all in same room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular