meals for a 8 month old?

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:53 am 
Post subject: meals for a 8 month old?
My 8 month old has decided the only way to eat is by him feeding himself, which I like but I am running out of ideas for what to feed him / put on his tray for him to pick up and eat.
He likes cooked pasta, cooked carrot, cooked asparagus, mashed potato, mini sandwiches, bread sticks and fish fingers browken into squares, raisins and all them organic baby biscouits/sticks, cooken chicken cut into cubes....I think thats the whole list

Any idea of other foods I can give him?

9/10 times if I spoon feed he turns his head and refuses to eat from a spoon.

Thanks
jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
my son is 6 months and wont eat from a spoon unless i pre load it and give it to him to do! i usually have 2 spoons on the go as its quicker! i would try and give him a pre loaded spoon x

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:32 pm 
Post subject:
To be honest, I just let mine have whatever we were having and if it was something that needed a spoon I gave one and left them to it, most of the time things like spaghetti, peas, beans, stews they would just use there hands and charlotte still will as it is quicker, I just used to let them have 'clean' finger foods sandwiches, bread sticks, chees cubes, fruit when out and at home strip them off and let them get messy, its a learninf curve for them and fun to get messed up!

Mine liked

Egg and solidiers
Fritatas
Scrambled egg and toast
Spag bol
Macaroni cheese
Jacket potatoes
Mini corn
Mange tout
sweetcorn
peas

I gave mine anything really xx

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
I did blw and just gave Jamie what we had from the start. You just have to be careful of the salt content. You'd be amazed what they can eat with their fingers although it is very messy

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks,
I think this weaning has highlighted how much unhealthy food me and hubby eat, we eat stuff and actually say how there is no way our son would be allowed to eat it
Time for some healthy food me thinks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular