Weaning?

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:33 am 
Post subject: Weaning?
Hello... I was just wondering around what age you started weaning your lo's?? Xx

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:20 am 
Post subject:
Little bits and bobs at around 5 1/2 months, then started properly at 6months. By 7 months George was on 3 meals a day with one snack. He likes his grub.
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:20 am 
Post subject:
hi i started weaning my little ones at diffrent ages my 1st baby was 5 mths my second baby was eairler she was a little bigger then my first at 4 mths and my baby boy ive just started weaning him hes 15 weeks i think it depends each baby is diffrent my health vistor said it was fine to start before 6mths as all my children was ready with my youngest he started showing signs of been ready i couldnt fill him hes on the hungry baby but was drinking that much he would just bring it up again Crying or Very sad but since hes started on the baby rice his reflux is much better and is now taking 5/6 oz of milk per feed rather then 8/9 oz before i started weaning i know they say wait until 6 mths but i think you will know when your little one is ready you know your baby the best good luck hun Very Happy xxxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:26 am 
Post subject:
My lo is 10 weeks today and i dont think it will be too long before shes wanting food!! Lol
But every box (rusks etc) i look at they all say 4 months+ Confused Laughing Xx

Bobski1980
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:42 am 
Post subject:
I was going to wait until 5/6 months, but my (big) boy vomits constantly and was waking for 2-3 feeds a night and showing all the right signs to start. I started with baby porridge which he still has for breakfast, then moved onto pureed fruit and veg for dinner after a few weeks. He is now having porridge and fruit for breakfast, veg for lunch and savoury cereal and fruit for dinner. He is 6 months at the end of the month, his vomiting has eased and he is sleeping much better. I started before speaking to my HV so was a bit worried about telling her I had started weaning at 4 months but she said in my circumstances I did the right thing. I think you know when your baby is ready, if you do start before 6 months just check the list of things you can and can't give. Also check the contents of any baby jars or packets as I discovered a box of flavoured porridge I bought labelled 4-6 months had gluten and wheat in it which is a no no before 6 months.

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
my advice is leave it till 5 1/2 - 6 months and cut out all the pureeing and go straight to lumps and finger food. we weaned our daughter at 20 weeks and now i realise it was far too soon as we had a nightmare after the the first month when she refused everything.

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
I waited until 6 months and did blw

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
5 months with sophia, blw all the way!
Josh started reaching for food and crying when not given at four and a half months, a mix of puree and finger foods (blw style) but much preferred self feeding. Now is six months and do a mixture of spoon feeding and finger feeding, but not purees any more unless is only thing available (ie when we were at airport, baby porridge was much easier to deal with)so he eats exactly the same as us. Even in early stages only did puree type thing once a day and let him pick at our meals the other two meals.

Mandy xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular