Getting pregnant after having the implant taken out

becky22
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:30 pm 
Post subject: Getting pregnant after having the implant taken out
Hi all,
I had the contraceptive implant which was taken out in june. We have been ttc ever since but periods are irregular and i havent a clue how long it will be untill they settle down. Anyone have any ideas how long it could take as we really want a baby and it breaks my heart when my period arrives? Sad
Mummy11
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, i had my implant out in June and have been trying to concieve ever since, please dont fret that its not gonna happen as i did and its done me no good. I recently starting telling myself that it will happen when it happens, over the past few weeks ive been getting very sore breats which is a sign of ovulation. The time will come huni, it just takes abit of time. Hope all is well very soon.
Best wishes. Debbie xx
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you.its nice to speak to someone who's in the same boat. AF arrived yesterday. So i'm abit fed up but like you said. It'l happen when it happens.Just hope it doesnt take 2 much longer!
BabyWife
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
Im going through the same thing but i was on the depo injections, Just want to wish you good luck and i hope it happens soon
xx
amesy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I am going through the same but I was also on the depo for 2 years and have been ttc since June, but have really strong signs of ovulation this month so fingers crossed for me and you all xxxx
vickywoodward
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:59 pm 
Post subject: Re: Getting pregnant after having the implant taken out
becky22 wrote:
Hi all,
I had the contraceptive implant which was taken out in june. We have been ttc ever since but periods are irregular and i havent a clue how long it will be untill they settle down. Anyone have any ideas how long it could take as we really want a baby and it breaks my heart when my period arrives? Sad
g me mad

i am feeling the same way as you r i had my implant out end of oct and i am still not pregnant i had two implants so i had them in for 6years im begining to think tht i cant concieve please help me its drivin
jean187
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:30 pm 
Post subject: inplant and depo
hi, i just came off the inplant ,but before that i was on the depo. i t took me 13 months for my period to go to normal and 18 months to get pregnant. it all depends on your body. but dont fret when it happens it does happen. everyone is different. i have known people who took them around six months to get pregnant after using both of these contreception. The best advice i can give to anyone is dont think about it for a while enjoy your time with your partner and you never know.
becky22
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Vicky.
Believe me i no how u feel. i thought that after the implant was out it would happen straight away but periods are still irregular! im sure when ur body is settled back into a routine u will have no problems. I no my problem is that i think about it too much. My periods are slowly getting better but not quick enough!! good luck and best wishes x
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

have you thought about taking vitex? (agnus castus) its a herbal remedy and lots of ladies swear by it. It helps regulate your cycle, and reduce acne and pmt. It takes about 3 months for the full effects, but shows improvement after the 1st month (it has for me) You can always try Vit B6, as this also helps with your cycle. Do not take Vitex with clomid though as they counteract each other.

julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
becky22
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
sounds good.where can i get this vitex from?
Natsxxx
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:40 pm 
Post subject: me 2
Hi everyone, i am going through exactly tha same thing. i cant believe its happening to so many people, i thought it was only me! every month i keep thinking that i have really strong signs of being pregnant but then my period comes. its heart breaking i no!! i just always woryy that i cant have children and that would be the worst thing ever. xxx
XxsteviiexX
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
hey girls

im really struggling i have bin with my partner for ages now and we are really ttc but nothing seems to be happening i get all the signs of pregnancy but then my period cums round its stressing me out really badly. in the past i have had 2 abortions as i fell pregnant under the age of 16 and didnt feel responsible to bring up a child i then fell pregnant at 18 but i had a misscarrage at 5 and a half months pregnant. i now think that i cnt have children but all the signs are there its just my periods keep getting in the way.

any advice?

steviie x
beanwanted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
I'm sorry you have been ttc for so long after the implant. I fell in my first cycle (vefore I even had a bleed) after having the implant removed but unfotunately this resulted in a miscarriage.

I wish you all the best ttc xxx
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 pm 
Post subject: Getting pregnant after implant removal
Hi, just been reading all your comments and can anybody tell me whether it ALWAYS takes time to conceive after the removal of the implant? I had my implant put in on the understanding that my fertility would return to normal straightaway if I had it removed. I had it removed on friday as it was causing me so many probs and now I'm not sure whether to bother getting an alternative contraceptive? My partner and I would love another baby and preferably within the next two years (not getting any younger! lol)
madgaz
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:26 pm 
Post subject: Re: Getting pregnant after implant removal
Zoe2 wrote:
can anybody tell me whether it ALWAYS takes time to conceive after the removal of the implant?

I guess we were the lucky ones Sad
Lindsey had her implant taken out in the middle of January and we are now 8 weeks gone. I think she had one period in the time and then...well.
We didn't think it would happen so quickly so we can only be greatful that it has.

Good luck to all of you TTC...from both of us. X
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular