Menstrual like pain.

finlayx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:31 am 
Post subject: Menstrual like pain.
Hi everyone,
I'm currently 35 weeks and 2 days pregnant. The past 2 weeks or so I've been experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions, none of which have been painful or regular. Today I have woke up with a dull ache right in the lower part of my stomach which I usually get when I'm due on and when I stand up it feels like I have an awful lot of pressure there. At my last midwife appointment - which was 1 week and 2 days ago - the midwife told me that my baby's head was low down and was 1/5th engaged. I'm not due to see the midwife again for another 5 days time so it's possible that his head has engaged a little more since. But does anybody know what this ache and pressure could be?
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ya..is this your first baby? It could quite possibly be baby engaging a little more .. (lucky you Laughing )
Its really common to get this ache in your pelvis as your body is still producing the relaxing hormones that softens the hips and ligaments etc. Have you tried resting up on your side? Does this ease it at all?
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:36 pm 
Post subject:
Yes this is my first baby! No nothing seems to ease it, it just comes and goes as it pleases really! Hopefully you're right and it's the head engaging!
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
I had very similar with my son hun - it was the head engaging. Walking aggrivated it, and being on a gym ball, resting up with a pregnancy pillow relieved it a little. It's great that you are engaging already - but with first babies they can unengage and re-engage so don't be surprised if baby seems low one day and not the next.

xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular