Sooo itchy!

finlayx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:27 am 
Post subject: Sooo itchy!
My stomach has become really really itchy over the last week! I'm a little wary about scratching it though as I've heard scratching can lead to stretch marks so I'm trying my best not to itch. Does anybody know of anything that will help relieve the itching please?? x
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, its these last few weeks that baby is putting weight on so you'll find your bump will probably grow quite quick too so causing the skin to stretch and itch. Creams help..I use cocoa butter cream. Tbh though stretch marks are inevatable if your prone to them. I thought i'd escaped them on my bump the whole of my last pregnancy..until bubs engaged at 36wks, I spotted some just under my bump Rolling Eyes Sad
Just keep the skin well moisturised Smile but like I say..if your prone, there's no avoiding them sometimes Sad

Some people swear by Bio oil too Wink
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:08 am 
Post subject:
I was so happy I thought I'd escaped getting them but I can see some small purple lines forming right along the middle of my bump, great Sad I think I need to give birth now haha!
Thanks! I've started using a collagen boosting moisturiser and a stretch mark oil morning and night! Typical, 4 weeks left to go and they start appearing now! x
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:20 am 
Post subject:
Lol...I felt the same when I spotted mine. I think they do it on purpose lol to lull us into a false sense of security..thinking we've got away with it Laughing
Keep them moisturiser and they do fade...mine did last time so this time they havent even turned purple or anything they are hardly noticeable. Although this time I've got some new ones know my legs Confused
Also just a little tip...keep the boobies moisturised too cos no doubt when your milk comes in you boo s will go from (.)(.) to ( . )( . ) Laughing and no doubt get a few stretchmarks on them too Sad
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
Well I started getting stretch marks on my boobs quite early on and they've got pretty bad now, but I'm not too bothered about those ones! Sad Just didn't particularly want any on my stomach! Fingers crossed if I keep them well moisturised I'll get through the next few weeks without them fully appearing! x
WeeGem
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
I think if your gonna get stretch marks, you'll get them if you scratch or not lol i got loads towards the end with my daughter...and this time they have appeared sooner Shocked I too had a really itchy bump...i found e45 helped...and try not to use your nails...if you get an itch, just rub with your hand x

finlayx
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:19 am 
Post subject:
Yeah I've been using a 'mum-to-be collagen boosting body butter' and also a stretch mark oil every morning and night, but each day the little critters are getting more and more visible Sad slightly gutted lol but I know they'll fade in time Sad x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular