Hospital bag done ... I think?

lysianassa
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:32 am 
Post subject: Hospital bag done ... I think?
Well ladies I'm behind schedule but I've got my hospital bag finished now apart from the milk and bottles. I'm seeing my midwife on Thursday or Friday so will ask her what the policy is for that. But although I've ticked off everything I'm sure there's something that I've forgotten Question I just can't figure out for the life of me what it is though. Blonde moment alert! Laughing

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:38 am 
Post subject:
well done hun, I'm really excited to start packing mine! but I'm worried it will just highlight how unbelievably unorganised and un prepared i am!

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 am 
Post subject:
mine is done now as well hun and i feel the same! i am sure i have forgotten something!! i have packed:-

3 night dresses
1 dressing gown
slippers
towel and flannel
shower gel
tooth paste
hair band and hair grips and hair brush
face wipes
vaseline (for dry lips)
breast pads
maternity towels
new big pants
I might pack a couple of books/magazines just incase (especially if i am induced)

for baby:-

2 x vests
2 x baby grows
1 x snow suit
2 x blankets
2 x hats
baby mits
nappies and wipes

If i have forgotten anything let me know Smile xx

tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
ELP1- what about a towel 4 baby, deodrant, and I'd take a few more clothes 4 baby 2, I ve been induced 3 times and our hospital always required an over nite stay 4 induction patients and mine wen thru a few outfits due to being sick etc, also pj bottoms for u, I always stuck them on under my nighty x

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun. I was told not to worry about towells but i will pack some just incase and extra clothes. We only live 5 mins from hospital so anything extra hubby or my mum can grab anyway but obviously i would prefer to be prepared!!

I will pack pj bottoms as well - i live in most of mine at the moment so will pack nearer the time. and yes i have packed a roll on (forgot to add that Smile ) xx

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
Ur well organised girls I haven't done mine yet iv put a few bits and bobs in but it's not finished and haven't started in baby's bag yet hopefully will sort myself out the nxt few wks. Not long now eeek!

[url=http://lilypie.com]

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:47 pm 
Post subject:
I bought myself a new coming home outfit last week Smile Only a pair of leggings an jumper from primark but god it felt nice to buy a normal piece of clothing Laughing

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
Camera Erin? We have packed our professional one so neil can take some nice ones. Have use taken an oufit for when the bounty lady comes round? Xx

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 pm 
Post subject:
we have our digital camera.

I have a couple of outfits with me - soooo cant wait now, time cannot go quick enough Very Happy xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
shampoo and conditioner, i couldnt wait to get in the shower and wash my hair as i was so hot and sweaty, actually made me feel more normal Laughing

i would also put in some snack foods as i missed lunch after having sam, and all they managed to find me was some bread and butter and a couple of slices of ham!

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
I know!! Ive a few things planned this week, Im having a 'suprise' baby shower at mine on Friday (mates shocking a secrets Laughing ) Next week Ive summit to do monday an tuesday then nothing so that 5 days will drag Sad xx

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:34 am 
Post subject:
My god ladies, i have not even started my bag yet, still need to buy a few bits lol, think i will start mine at the end of this month.

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:56 am 
Post subject:
If there is one thing I was so glad I packed it was snacks. Not because I managed to eat them in labour - but because the hospital food was SO [*@!#%*] that I ended up eating cake bars, biscuits and haribo gummy bears at 3am when feeding my son because dinner was so gross I couldn't even open the tray without gagging!

In the end MIL and hubby used to bring homemade chinese food to the ward - I was the envy of the place- even the midwives said it smelt and looked so much better than the hospital food! I was stuck there for 5 days - I'd have starved without it! Very Happy
x

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:13 am 
Post subject:
MingoMayo wrote:
If there is one thing I was so glad I packed it was snacks. Not because I managed to eat them in labour - but because the hospital food was SO [*@!#%*] that I ended up eating cake bars, biscuits and haribo gummy bears at 3am when feeding my son because dinner was so gross I couldn't even open the tray without gagging!

In the end MIL and hubby used to bring homemade chinese food to the ward - I was the envy of the place- even the midwives said it smelt and looked so much better than the hospital food! I was stuck there for 5 days - I'd have starved without it! Very Happy
x

My ex used to bring me maccys an chinese food in cos i hated the hosp food so bad!!

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
Erin i will pack two bibs and two muslin squares too for baby, dont forget car seat. I will have a little going home outfit for baby as well, I would also pack some socks for yourself x Wink

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular