Moses basket sleeping problems

Goffin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:57 am 
Post subject: Moses basket sleeping problems
Hello everyone

Our daughter celebrates her first week's birthday today. She's having some problems sleeping in her Moses basket, especially at night. I've put some notes here, I wonder if anyone could offer some advice please on what we could do?

- We've had more successful attempts putting her down in the basket during the day (not a huge amount though)but night has been very difficult. We have tried for hours on many of the nights.
- Will sleep in the car seat / pram when we have gone out.
- We swaddle her before putting her down.
- After short space of time when put down on her back in basket appears restless (even after feeding). Arms are being thrown everywhere and legs won't stop moving. Shortly after she starts grumbling / crying.
- We're trying to get her into the day / night routine. Mum slept with a pillow case that we have used in the Moses basket and we always warm it beforehand.
- I've also tried white noise with no joy (and listening to a vacuum cleaner on spotify does get a bit grating after a while!)
- She seems to get hiccup frequently - especially at night. But doesn't have much wind (she is being breastfed).
- She will always fall asleep straight away though when laid on us (unless hungry) - sometimes for many hours and appears peaceful.

I'm starting to think the maybe something to do with Reflux now after reading about it this morning?

Any help / advice really very much appreciated.

Tim
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:38 pm 
Post subject:
Many baby's dont like Moses baskets my little boys both hated theirs and went pretty much straight into a cot. Do you have enough roon to put the cot next to your bed? Thats what we did. Sorry if this isn't helpful at all. Congratulations on your baby girl xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular