really confused!

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:26 am 
Post subject: really confused!
hi, as some of you probably know i finished the injection in may and went onto 2 months pill to try kick start regulating periods, wasnt too bad while i was on the pill but my periods have been a mess since august, i came on on the 22nd and came off 27th aug, then came on again 17th sept and came off 23rd sept, then came on the 1st oct came off 7th oct, then came on again 10th oct and came off 16th oct and havent been on since! im confused as to when would be a good time to test? an i have completely given up tryin to work out when mother nature will drop another bomb on me so have absolutely nothin to go on as to when ishould be due on my periods used to be like clockwork 28days is it worth me testing yet? ive been 'off' for almost three weeks now? this has got to be mother natures way of getting me back for goin on the injection haha! any advice wud be fab! xx
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Coming off the injection is renound for confusing cycles for a few months. As last af was 10th October – it sounds like it could be starting to settle down.

The only way to know when to test is if you know when you ovulated? If you didn’t then all you can do is randomly test but obviously it could be to soon. If you are on course for a 28 day cycle then you could test now and it should give you a result but it may be that your cycle is going to be slightly longer.

If af does show – I would recommend testing for ov – no guessing games then. If you are start testing around CD10.

Good luck xx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
I agree with ELP. COming on hormonal contraceptives can mean that your cycles are all over the place for a while. It was the case with me, they did eventually settle a bit but I guess I have a naturally 'random' cycle! As ELP said you could try testing randomly, if your BD lots then this is the only way to find out I guess. Alternative, you can check when you ovulate (next cycle if you dont get your BFP this time) and test 2 weeks after you get a positive ov test, good luck xx

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you both for your replies, yeh i caved an done a pregancy test which was negative, im awful at waitin for things at the best of times never mind this lol! think im gunna give it a week or two and see if AF arrives then if not iv got a spare test just incase lol!! wheres the best place to buy the OPK's?xxx
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
I got mine from Ebay, just cheap ones, alot of ladies get them from Amazon too, sorry the test was negative... xxx

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
thanks hun, i was gutted but its good news really as ive been booked in for ear surgery next week which means goin under general anaesthetic, found out later in the day when i took the test, will have a look around after ive had surgery, im sure it will happen when its supposed to xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular