Worrying in the night

MrsZargon
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 pm 
Post subject: Worrying in the night
Hi All,

As the post says I have recently been waking in the night and not being able to get back to sleep as my stomach is in knots worrying about TTC and related things! I know that all this anxiety isn't helping matters but I can't help it and its happening every night at the moment and in the morning I can barely drag myself out of bed! I feel like I am in a Constant fog of worry. Anyone else experienced this? What should I do about it?

X
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
Yep, I have this periodically when I'm stressed/anxious. It always seems to seem worse in the middle of the night too. The best thing I can advise is to try and stay relaxed before you go to sleep, exercise helps alot too. I read before bed which takes my mind off everyday worries and my stresses. Dont eat a big meal before bedtime either (I know all this is common sense but it does help Very Happy )

When things are especially bad, I write down a 'to do list' before bed with things I need to do the next day, although this isnt necessarily related to what I worry about during the night, it sets my mind at ease as I can get stressed out with things I need to do and I cant afford to forget, on top of the bigger problems I'm thinking of (everyday stuff seems to be exacerbated when you have bigger worries on your mind). Keeping a diary of your feelings can help you to verbalise your thoughts and release your stresses, simple I know, but believe me, it does help.

I find that I dont necessarily have trouble getting to sleep, but I wake in the night unable to get back to sleep again Rolling Eyes relieving as much everyday stress helps xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
Also, be kind to yourself, Sometimes it helps just to allow yourself to be down, the awareness that its ok to feel the way you do does wonders, and takes away the guilt of feeling like you should be happy/grateful for what you have, blah blah, I struggle with allowing myself to feel sad, I feel as if I should always be grateful for what I have (which of course I am) but sometimes its ok to feel down but also to know that you wont always feel this way xxxx

MrsZargon
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks poppy everything you've said makes sense. I too struggle with "allowing" myself to feel down as I know I am truly blessed for what I do have but can't seem to stop it at the moment. I don't think the time of yr helps either it's so dark and miserable and I'm dreading Xmas for various reasons. I also can't seem to come to terms with the fact that 2012 has just been a big fat BFN!! Wishing I could turn the clock back and do something different so that it hadn't turned out like this! I think I just need to figure out a way to draw. Line under I nd move on and then maybe I wouldn't be awake half the night worrying! Will try the things you've suggested thank you x
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
I hope they help... Sorry 2012 has been rubbish for you, I'm waiting for 2013, to start a fresh and hopefully it will be a year full of BFP's!!! Very Happy Obviously a 2012 BFP would be preferable Wink xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular