Scary Weekend - still not sure what to do :(

Jay100
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:12 am 
Post subject: Scary Weekend - still not sure what to do :(
Morning ladies,

So this weekend hasn't been the greatest.

Saturday morning was a busy one so I was running around a lot doing different things, by lunch time I was back at home having a rest and something to eat. I realised that I hadn't felt the LO move at all that day (which I didn't think was unusual seeing as I'd been so busy) so I had some cold water and went to lay down for a while. I must have been there for at least 2 hours and nothing.
Trying not to panic I had some juice and went back for a lie down...nothing.

OK, I thought maybe the lil bugger is just hiding from me today so I left it and got on with some cleaning.

Dinner time came, usually I'll get some movements after I've eaten. I also had a glass of coke with my food just to see if that would work...that's right nothing!
So one last try I decided to have a bath, I stayed in there for maybe half an hour, 40 minutes and I got what I thought was one movement.

I wasn't happy about this at all so rung the labour ward for advice, they told me to come in.
So Saturday night was spent in Triage.
At first the midwife couldn't find the heartbeat which was worrying but not unusual she said, eventually she got it and it was then that the LO decided to give one great big kick that me and the midwife both felt! So everyone was relieved and they sent me home.

Sunday comes along, I was at home resting all day and would you believe I must have gotten a total of about 3 kicks/movements all day.

Just to fill you all in, I'm 26 weeks which I know is still quite early for regular movements but for the past week I thought the LO had been getting into a little routine and so was quite happy. I've been feeling movements (and quite hard kicks) for at least the past 3 weeks if not more. No one has mentioned an anterior placenta to me.

My question is ladies should I (would you) be worried? Why if the LO is OK in there would the amount of movements I feel start to decrease? Surely they should be getting stronger as the baby grows?
I know I've already been to the hospital and they've told me everything is fine, but to me this is not normal.

What would you do??

I'm so sorry for the long post by the way!!
This is what is feels like in my head at the moment! xx
Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
awww bless ya, doesnt sound like a fun weekend Sad u did the right thing by ringing and going in, if ur still concerned which u sound like u are (and have every right to be) either ring ur midwife or go back to the labour ward and get some advice.
Babies like to worry us and even now at 31 weeks my baby still has quiet moments and scares me! Ur better getting checked out and having ur mind at rest than worrying yourself.
xx
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for your reply!

What are we going to do with them hey?

I've still not had much movement today, I've just eaten lunch and been drinking loads of water but it hasn't really made much difference.
I know I should probably go back to triage as I am letting it get to me but I just feel like they're going to think 'Why are you back, we told you everything was fine and that was only 2 days ago!' LOL

AAAAHHHHH all this worry, that's it for the rest of my life now! HAHA xx
ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun - it all sounds very normal. My LO has done this all the way through. he will have a couple of very busy days and then a couple of days of bearly a thing. He is still doing it now at 37 weeks!! just as you think you are getting a routine out of them they do something to change it.

But if you are ever worried just phone labour ward i have gone in a couple of times with it and they are always to nice. Its better to be safe xx

Jay100
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
oh really?? Thank you my love.
I know my LO is still quite small at the moment so has a lot of room in there still, but the fact that I'd been feeling quite a lot of movement did make me worry.

You've really made me feel better knowing they do this no matter how far along/big they are!

Its been nearly 3 days now, so hopefully I'll start to get a lot more movements over the next couple of days!
If not I will go back to the hospital, as you said they were very nice and did say any time I had concerns I should always go back xx
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
I know you said you been drinking water but have youy made sure its ICE ICE ICE cold, I don't think just normal water makes them move the same.

Good luck hun. xxx

Jay100
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 am 
Post subject:
To me the water was cold, maybe not ICE ICE cold as you said though! LOL
I probably need to shock the baby a bit more by making it more cold!

Thank you hun xx
Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:51 am 
Post subject:
how u doing today?? x
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:00 am 
Post subject:
I'm good hun, thank you for asking.

The lil bugger has been a wriggler the past couple of days, not a lot of kicks but he/she is definitely moving around in there.
Such a relief, I almost feel stupid for worrying now but I guess that's what you get when you decide to become a mum!

Hope you're doing well xx
Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:15 am 
Post subject:
aww thats good, yes ur in for a lifetime of worry now lol xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular