Where does your newborn sleep during the day?

melhonie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 pm 
Post subject: Where does your newborn sleep during the day?
Hi ladies.

At the moment my baby (who is 5 weeks) is sleeping in his Moses basket downstairs for naps etc then we take him up to bed with us when we go.

At what age would you start putting them upstairs for naps and after bath etc??

Thanks

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:36 am 
Post subject:
Bath time for us was just before bed. I did the same as you are now... we never put Evie to bed during the day TBH, she never slept for long during the day after 5 months because we were so strict with a night time routine. By 18 months Evie stopped her day time naps (she does occasionally fall asleep still but not often), however I have some friends with toddlers who sleep for several hours in the day (they don't sleep well at night) so going to bed in the day makes more sense.

It's about what you want to do and when. Go with the flow I say!

xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:18 pm 
Post subject:
my daughter was a nightmare sleeper in the day, i tried putting her in her moses basket in the living room but she would scream, the only places she would fall asleep were her bouncer, or in the car seat/pushchair if we went out. (i often would end up walking round the local shopping centre for hours just so she would sleep!)

when she got older i got a travel cot and she would play in there and eventually fall asleep during the day.

at night she would go in her moses basket downstairs, from about 7, then i would take her upstairs when i went to bed and she would have a feed around 11. but from 4 months she was sleeping through so i started putting her straight into her cot at bedtime.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular