New mom with 5 week old baby girl--question

carrieandalaina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 am 
Post subject: New mom with 5 week old baby girl--question
Hello,
My husband and I tried to conceive for 4 years. During the last year we did 5 cycles of IUI and finally conceived on our last try before considering in-vitro. The pregnancy went great with only minor heartburn as my nemesis. Right now, we have a very fussy baby (I'm thankful for her, but she is a handful). Doctor thinks she has colic (12am-3am usually), and also has acid reflux and is on medicine for that . She is also a very gassy baby and right now, I think she may be constipated and in seems to be in awful pain. This morning when she woke up she did not have a poopy diaper, which I wasn't really concerned with, but now she hasn't had a stool sample all day, only wet diapers. I have tried the bicycle legs, and having her do "sit ups" to help with the gas. She has passed some, but still seems miserable after she eats. I have done Mylacon drops as well. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do to help her? Should I even be concerned that she hasn't pooped all day? She is normally poopy with each feeding.

Thank you, and I look forward to getting to know everyone.
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun - some babies don't poop for a couple of days or even longer - but if you think it is abnormal for your baby and that she is very very uncomfortable it might be worth giving your GP or health visitor a call and asking them for advice. Sorry not to be more useful.

One thing that often helped my little one to go when he was a bit full was to put him in a rocking chair or baby bouncer, or his car seat or buggy and go out - the drive/walk and the vibrations used to really help him. Also I used to strip him off to the nappy and let him really kick his legs about - sometimes just not having something around their tummy really helps them relax and go too.

Hope your baby feels more comfortable soon xxx

carrieandalaina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you! I gave her about 1 oz of warm water last night and that seemed to do the trick. She is no longer in pain Very Happy Just fussy, as ever.
Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:35 am 
Post subject:
Hey hun - issy sumtimes went two three days without dirty nappy n she got really cranky - we did bike legs plus the tummy massage - look online theres a technique like a squate from bottom left of tummy - up, across under ribs then down other side of tum - u dont push along bottom of tum. Look online - be gentle as babys tum is very soft
We also gave few oz of water each day

Ru bf or bottle? If bottle maybe ask hv about different milk - aptimil do a comfort one for colic n constipation im sure - or i cud b imagining the constipation bit

We used gripe water at 6 weeks n infacol b4 - but gripe water really helped her burp after feeding - what burping techniques do u use hun?

X

Jump to:  

Community

Popular