Advice on Hair Washing Needed

fletchie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:16 pm 
Post subject: Advice on Hair Washing Needed
Hi,

Need some advice for my 2 year lil girl. Ever since she was a few weeks old, she has HATED her hair been washed. Ive tried all the usual tricks, resaurrance(sp), getting it over as quick as poss, getting in bath with her and showing her me washing my hair(show her that it doesnt hurt) shampoo shields etc..... Nothing is working! When she needs her hair washed, it fills me full of dread as she will literally scream the house down and gets so panicked that a few times she has slipped in bath in the rush to get out of bath and away from the water.

Other times u can play about with her in the water and splash her. Water gets in her face and that doesnt seem to bother her. But get the shampoo out and she immediately tries to clamber out of bath!! She has thick, long dark like mine, so it needs to be washed reguarly.

Any tips from folk out there?
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
i cant really offer any advice, as my daughter was the same, she used to get hysterical about it!! but she kinda just grew out of it, she still doesnt like it, but will let u do it lol. there was a turning point though, my sister washed her hair, i, like you, had tried all of the above tricks and NOTHING worked, but my sister did it, told her to be a big girl, and she'll promise not to get it in her eyes etc and she just let her do it...ever since then she has been ok with it :S so is there anyone else that could try? maybe just a different routine of someone else may help her?
or have u tried letting her wash her own hair? like u put a little shampoo on her hand and let her rub it in, then when all soapy playing with it, you can make even the longest of hair stand up on end with shampoo lol! just stic a mirror at the end of the bath and let her try? show her things u can do with her hair?
xxx
littleted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
What about getting a little step and have her wash her hair, fully clothed, with her head tipped over the bath? I've got the same problem but luckily her hair is still very short and fine so I get away with weeks on end with just sponging her hair - the time will come though when i don't get away with that!
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:24 am 
Post subject:
I had the same issue wih my DD, what i did was when she was in the bath i would let her play with the water hand her the jug and let her do it all by herself. i would laugh and cheer her on, keep a face towel handy to wipe the water off her face and eyes, which is the bit she hates. It works a treat.

Maybe even swith the shower on and let her stand in it.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular