Cervical fluid

Mars6
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:40 am 
Post subject: Cervical fluid
Hi, I'm TTC for the first time. I have been checking and charting my cervical fluid since the first day of my last cycle (31/01) My predicted ovulation day is supposed to be tomorrow but my CF is still a bit white and pasty, not at all watery and egg white like.

Last month after what I thought was probably my ovulation time ie, after the 14th/15th my CF turned very thick and white wher as everything I read says it dries up after ovulation.

I'm thinking my CF might be slightly different because I have had about 3.5cm of my cervix removed for cervical cancer, thus leaving me .5cm.

Does anyone have any similar experiences or knows exactly where CF is produced. Is it the cervix its self??
clb1234
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
hey ive been doin the ovulating calender as my periods are same every mnth and i was ovulating fae the 3rd to the 8th but if going by fluids after reading ur post then i shud have been this week i didnt realise it changed but after reading urs it was dead slimy excuse the word!! im so cunfused too theres so many dif signs xx
Mars6
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
I should be ovulating today but I got some ovulating test strips through the post this afternoon and I'm not. No sign of a LH surge so my chart obviously isn't like the average person. I didn't know until after my last period to look out for the egg white cervical mucus but thinking to last month I think I got it way after my predicted ovulation day.

Sounds like your slimey stuff may have been it! Wink
kezandstu
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,everyone i know i am a bit late in my reply but theres something confusing me ,i have 2 types of cervical fluid,about 5 days after my period i have a really thick sticky goo thats quite clear which lasts a few days then i have a more creamy fluid that is on and of for the rest of my cycle how do i know which one is the sign of ovulation? and does anyone else have this problem? thx kerry xx
jenniP35
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:07 am 
Post subject:
I'm having trouble reading my CM. When its supposed to be like egg white (fertile ) its really quite white and creamy. Don't think I have ever had watery or stretchy CM. Then I thought maybe I wasn't 'collecting' Exclamation enough to assess it properly but I don't think this is the case.

I've also had no positive OV tests either Confused
faceyface
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:43 pm 
Post subject: cervical fluid
hi im in the same boat as you ive been checking my cf and normally i do get the clear stretchy stuff but this month its not happened yet,ive also been charting my temp every morning and this morning i had a .3 deg rise in temp which would indicate ovulation but according to the ovulation tests ive been doing for last 6 days i havnt even had the surge yet. Im very confused im on day 16 now and have a cycle of between 28-32 days. Last cycle was 28 days and i started doing ovulation tests from day 11-17 and never got a positive once but still had a regular period Wink i got the normal surge in temp as well last month but couldnt check my cf as had thrush so it was very creamy for a few days. So what im asking i suppose is has anyone else had problems with these ovulation tests as i never seem to be getting a positive result!!! Smile
jenniP35
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
I've only been using the ov test strips for a month and nothing detected like I said. I'm due on onSunday so for the next cycle I'm going to test from day 6 (should ovulate around the 14th) I'm sure they do work if you follow the instructions. I think I might be drinking too much tea and diluting my urine Laughing

On a different note, I was speaking to a friend last night who has 3 boys. She said to have sex every day from day 6 to 14. Obviously worked for her Wink
faceyface
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:43 pm 
Post subject:
ive still not had this positive ovulation test yet,ive even got the egg white cf today but still no lh surge. Its really doing my head in now as i really should of had a positive result by now, my temp went from 36.3 to 36.6 2 days ago and this morning was 36.5 so i had the rise in temp but no egg white cf and today a slightly lower temp but the correct cf but still no lh surge Sad im very very confused Exclamation
it all gets so frustrating when you want it so much
jenniP35
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
Is your egg white CF white or clear or pastey???!!!!! Smile
faceyface
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:56 pm 
Post subject:
hi it was clear and i got my positve in the ovulation test toaday so hopefully tonight will be the night when i conceive, just as i was giving up on those tests Smile
jenniP35
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
I've not seen any clear Confused I'm obviousy a freak Twisted Evil Enjoy your night tonight Wink
jenniP35
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
Forgot to ask......what day of your cycle are you on?
faceyface
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:45 am 
Post subject:
hi i was on day 18 yesterday so a bit late thats why i was giving up on the tests as didnt think they worked. Got more of the clear cf today so will try again tonight and hopefully that will do the trick fingers crossed Smile
jenniP35
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
Got everything crossed for you Smile
Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
So glad ive found a place to talk about stuff like this.....so can anyone help with this one.

Today my CF is clear, stringy and egg white like......what does that actually mean is today a good day or not???!

Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular