Hypothyroidism and ttc...?

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:08 pm 
Post subject: Hypothyroidism and ttc...?
Right, where to start.
I've been gone from askbaby for a good while now. For various reasons. For three years, i have had not only, my bipolar to contend with but physical health issues too. Various tests and confusion, irritation later, and just a few days ago i was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. The cause is not yet known, however it looks like an immune problem. Possibly an auto-immune disease. Anyway. I was ideally hoping to have a couple more when my three are sttled at school. However, for the past year i have had very messed up cycles. Which is a first for me because i had perfect 28 day cycles and conceived all three children straight away. Now on reading about Hypothyroidism, i realise now why my cycles have been so messed up and that it can cause infertilities and miscarriages if conception occured. One i've already had before the children.
For this reason, i considered bringing ttc forward. I have a lot to consider, and if it's the right thing to do for all of us. However i was wondering if anybody has Hypothyroidism, and if so for how long and what's your experience.
Replies appreciated. Thank you. Natasha xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Natasha!! I'm sorry I dont know anything about hypothyroidism, but wanted to say good luck with everything, I know you have been through alot these past few years. Being a Mom must suit you if your considering having some more Wink I'm wondering how I will cope if we have another Shocked Lots of love Ren xx

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Very Happy
Haha, if it was anytime soon, i'd only have one more. Would never cope otherwise! Laughing
I'm sure you'll be fine Smile
They love having each other. Sorry had to sort my tickers, drives me mad and me and technology don't get on Rolling Eyes Laughing
Hope evrything is good for you and good luck to you too xxx

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
I have hypothyroidism and it took me 4 years, chlomid and thyroxine for me to concieve my son. I had 2 m/c about 5 years ago which they couldnt tell me why, however when I didnt fall pregnant and went for fertility treatment they told me that it was probably my thyroid causing the problem. Once that was sorted and I was on the tablets I fell PG pretty much straight away and this baby was concieved within 2 months of trying.

Has your doctor put you onto thyroxine? When you have hypothyroidism, they have to take bloods more often and adjust your dosage through pregnancy but it doesnt cause too much of an issue.

Hope this helps x

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, thank you for the reply.
Yes I've been put on Thyroxine, though only 50mcg til my next bloods in three months.
How much are you on? Were you on Thyroxine when you were ttc? I just don't want to risk waiting and either having no more, or having a huge gap xxx

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
When Im not pregnant Im on 100mg of Thyroxine per day, but while Im pregnant I have to take 150mg.

I had the same thought after I had my son, didnt want to leave it too long to TTC as I didnt want it to take another 4 years for another baby. I think that once my thyroid was under control it made TTC alot easier. I had to wait 6 months before I could TTC as I had a c-section and I will do the same next time as I have said we will have 3 kids and then relax lol

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:05 am 
Post subject:
I think once your treatment is under control, and if everything else in your life is stable you should go for it. Taking thyroxine puts the hormone back into your body that your body isn't producing enough of itself. So once it's controlled you should be able to ttc the same as any other time. As long as you keep having regular blood tests as it may need altering in pregnancy

Good luck xx

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
Heya, thank you for the replies. It's good to know I won't have to worry once it is under control, so will wait a while Smile xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Natasha!! I don't know much about ttc and hyperthyroidism but I never got to thank you! I remember a few years ago when you did a test thing to predict the sex of my baby and you were right haha! Good luck with everything for the future! And hope you get a healthy bfp soon mad I'm sure you will. Perhaps ask the doctor and see what they say.. o don't really have any health issues but went to my gp for advice on ttc before I started trying xxx

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:20 am 
Post subject:
Haha, yes i remember.
Yes, i have considered going to see the gp about it tbh. Will mention it next time i'm there i think. As if i could leave ttc for a while, which it looks like i can, it would be best to leave it for now xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular