Calpol

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 pm 
Post subject: Calpol
Hi

How often do you use it? I feel really bad as lo is teething really bad, much worse than I remember Oliver being and I have given him calpol tonight, last night and on Friday night so its 3 out of 4 nights. I'm not one that just doses up their kid to sooth them so I am really finding it hard.

Sad Sad Sad

Terri xx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
I dont see anything wrong with giving a dose of calpol every night for teething, if its going to take the pain away. I had to give my two a dose before bed every night for a week at one point cos it was the only way they would be able to sleep. As long as you're not giving more than the recommended dose (not saying you would) x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
there have been times when sam has been ill with a temperature and iv had to give calpol and nurofen alternately every couple of hours and i felt really bad, but it was the only way to get her temperature down.

also when teething i would give it at bed time as it helped with her sleeping.#

i think as long as you arent giving the maximum dose every day it doesnt hurt

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
No, its only been one 5ml dose each night but I just feel like I'm doing something wrong. I know I'm just being silly.

Terri xx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 pm 
Post subject:
You're not doing anything wrong Smile just doing what you can to help your LO x

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 pm 
Post subject:
its fine to give one dose each night hun, its just not ment to be used consistently for three days, which means the 5ml dose every 4 hours through out the day for three days on the run. What your doing is fine, trust me i checked with the pharamacist when i was doing my medication training haha xx
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:18 am 
Post subject:
At the end of the day as long as your little one is pain-free then you're doing the right thing. I've had to use calpol lots when Emilia used to cut new teeth. It's awful to hear them crying in pain - your being a good mummy by relieving it for him x x

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 am 
Post subject:
I remember when my LO was getting her 'fangs' through (never know the real name for each individual tooth) and she was so ill so for a good week, possible 10 days I would give her a spoonful of Calprufen every night going to bed and then another when she woke up in the morning and it didnt do her any harm. What it did do was give her a good nights sleep and a good start to her day.

I think so long as your not giving it throughout the day every day then your fine hun. He's teething so its not like your going to be doing it forever. Your not a bad mummy, your helping to take his pain away..........I defo do not miss the teething stages!

xx
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 am 
Post subject:
By the way, if he's really bad have you tried the Calprufen hun? Its like Ibuprofen so it takes down the inflammation in his gums as well as helps with the pain. I found it helped loads more than Calpol when it came to teething.

xx
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 am 
Post subject:
Thanks lilly. I'll look into that as not heard of it.

Terri xx

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
I have to try and discretely give one of mine calpol because if any of them see one getting it they all queue up for a dose

susanjosh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:12 am 
Post subject:
Shellm wrote:
I have to try and discretely give one of mine calpol because if any of them see one getting it they all queue up for a dose

No wonder the q up , it's yummy !
My mum tells people this story ... My brother was trying to sneak some as a kid , must have been older though and he dropped the bottle and it smashed a hole , apparently a clean break hole in the sink and the bottle didn't have a scratch on it ... Sturdy bottles Very Happy
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:20 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldnt feel the slightest bit guilty. Calpol is designed for teething, I think its much better to give it than have Lo in pain. I would feel guilty for not giving it before I would giving it. Teething most be painful. I give my LO capol if I think he might be sore and I should have shares in teething gel Laughing giving it three nights out of four is nothing to feel bad about if they need it they need it and should have it.

[/url]
Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
i had to give it to my little girl from 1 week old for about 3 months everyday and three times a day (it was prescribed by a doctor) but it never did her any harm xx
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
Xxxpolxxx wrote:
i had to give it to my little girl from 1 week old for about 3 months everyday and three times a day (it was prescribed by a doctor) but it never did her any harm xx

wow, thats a lot. Don't feel so bad now then!

Just seen your ticker, you're crazy, lol. Twins and another under 18 months!

Terri xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular