Grobags/sleeping bags

louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:03 pm 
Post subject: Grobags/sleeping bags
Hello ladies Smile

Just looking at sleepbags - whats your opinion on them? Are they good? Are the supermarket cheapies any good? And finally, what togs for what times of year?!!!

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm new to all this!!! Very Happy

X

My Adoption Journal...
http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=115215
123babycakes
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Growbags are fantastic!! Very Happy

There are no safety worries like there are with blakets/sheets, as LO can't disappear under the cover.

Not sure on togs, my LO has had the same 2 growbags from February until now, and he is always lovely and warm when I get him out.

Congratulations on the adoption - I bet you feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!!!! How old is your little one?

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Smile - She's one. XX

My Adoption Journal...
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
a godsend! i only used the supermarket ones and never had a problem.

2.5 tog for winter and 1 tog for summer.

i didnt use them much past 12 months as she was walking and would get frustrated that she couldnt walk around her cot.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
I think they are great and at the minute as the nights are cold I'm using the 2.5 tog (size 6 to18 month). If you have a TK Maxx near you check them out as they sometimes have the Grobag ones for half the price. I've just got my son a new one from my local one.
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
Brilliant things, I highly HIGHLY recommend them. Use 2.5 togs for winter and the 1 togs for the summer.

123babycakes
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
With my daughter, I think I used them right up until I put her in a toddler bed. Whilst she was confined to the cot it didn't bother her. Although, if I remember rightly, he used to be able to unzip herself!!! Laughing

I've used a Matalan one for months, I think it was only £10. It's great, comfy, and washes up really well. So I have to agree with the post before this, that the supermarket ones are good value.

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Very Happy Very Happy

Its always best to ask real mums as opposed to 'The google' XXX

My Adoption Journal...

Last edited by louloubellamozzarella on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
I used them for about 6ish months, and then she used to get really annoyed not being able to crawl about properly, but by that time it was summer so we were just using blankets. I am having another winter baby so will be using them again this time.

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
I have always used them, up to the age of 3. I've always had the gro ones. I have 2 so that when one is in the wash I have another. Atm I have 1 tog ones, because he is older and in a bed I put covers over him too.
And by the way you are a 'real' mum now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Wishing you loads of happiness. Very Happy

louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
Oh yes,I am aren't I ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My Adoption Journal...
Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, We started to use a sleeping bag from 6 months old as he started moving around his cot and waking up cold with no covers on. So now when he moves around his cot he keeps warm as the sleeping bag goes with him.

We have one from Mothercare and one from Debenhams, both of them are 2.5 tog and are nice and warm, probably need a cooler one for the few hot weeks we get during summer though.

I love my sleeping bag for my baby as I now get a full nights sleep as he no-longer wakes up Smile

Ive just read the first few pages of your adoption diary and want to wish you the best of luck with the adoption. It's such a lovely thing to do and i can understand what a struggle your journey has been. I'm sure you'll make a great Mummy.
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
I was going to suggest TK Maxx aswell.

George has 1 tog for Summer and 2.5 tog for now it's colder. Not sure whether I'll use them next winter though as he's started walking.
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I bought the Grobag one from Kiddiecare, I went for that make as its the only 'approved' one on the market. Yes it was over £30 but I decided you can't put a price on safety.

Mine is a 2.5 tog and is safe to use where temps are between 10 & 20 degrees and it even came with a free thermometer.

So happy I have one as it completely eliminates the worry of our little boy slipping under the covers and I'll definitely use one until he's at least 18 months.

Terri xx

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:06 am 
Post subject:
I loved them! They cant wriggle out of them or under them so you dont have to worry about them being smothered and they are so snug, Winter 2009 and 2010 were horrible, really cold yet I had no problems with her being cold at all.

My top tip tho was that once she was in the bag I'd put a little soft comfy cardy on her so her arms and shoulders were kept warm.

I only ever bought supermarket ones as well (ASDA...I love George!) and they were always fine and washed lovely.

xx
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular